Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Howardlbca
Level 7

Re: February’s product improvements

Why am I now receiving leads for partial matches outside of my defined geographical work area?  I’m not interested in traveling fifty miles or more for any jobs.  This is not useful at all!

JJLouis
Level 6

Re: Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away?

I've been having the same problem for a couple of weeks now. Why would I want to see jobs from 150 miles away?? I live in New England, a 150 mile radius covers about seven states. I don't understand why Thumbtack would change something like that. It worked just fine the way that it was before.  Now I have to sift through hundreds of jobs every day just to find the two or three that I might actually be interested in.

JJLouis
Level 6

No, seriously, I live in CT. I'm now getting "leads" from CT, NY, NJ, RI, MA, VT, and NH. Why do I suddenly have to wade through hundreds of job postings to find the two or three that might actually work for me??? I've been using Thumbtack for two years now. I've stuck up for your new pricing models when everyone else complained. Do you know how many job postings there are on any given day in Brooklyn, NY? Literally hundreds. I don't live in NY. I'm not licensed in NY.  I'm a good three hour drive from Brooklyn, NY - not counting traffic. I had my coverage area set up exactly how I wanted it. Now I have to "promote" my business to get my coverage area to work properly? I'm literally missing out on jobs that I could actually do because I can't sort them out from the hundreds of jobs that I have zero interest in.

I also put in a question to them and got no response. Things like this happen every once in a while and they usually tell me I have to update my settings like I had something to do with it but that's obviously not the case. Annoying. I tried chat yesterday and of course it was offline.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@2KContracting I'm sorry that you didn't get a response. I'm happy to help though! Go ahead and send me a private message with more info on what's going.

0 Kudos

I'm reading some of thier replies to your post and other who have responded and they are making it sound like we did it but that's impossible.

HandyMike
Level 6

We can no longer set travel preferences unless you switch to Promote.

Wow, this is really getting out of hand.  
I started getting job requests from way outside my travel preferences and asked a chat agent why this was happening.  
I was told setting travel preferences was now only available when you use Promote.  
So they are now hijacking that holding it hostage until we sign up for Promote.  
Nice, TT.  And they just did it without telling me.  

What's next?  What else are you going to take away?  Are you just going to keep whittling away at our options and abilities until we are forced to sign up for Promote or leave the platform?  It sure seems like that's what's happening.
Please have the guts and respect for us to give us the common courtesy of simply telling us this is where it's headed.  

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: We can no longer set travel preferences unless you switch to Promote.

@HandyMike 

Yes, I agree!!  I am getting way too many leads outside of my area..An on line chat rep told me "You can set specific job preferences, including the travel radius when you promote your business. If you'd like to receive leads in your Inbox for specific locations, you'd need to turn promote on. Otherwise, you can decline the leads that are too far."

In essence, they are forcing us to use Promote, or we will just be fed leads. This way they can tell us we are getting leads.. If I'm wrong, please Thumbtack clarify this and fix travel preferences for non-Promote users!! They all know mine and many other Pros feelings on Promote. If I rehash those feelings here, it's being repititive, and it may be deleted or edited for violating guideline.

Moderator Kameron

@HandyMike sorry to hear that this came as a surprise to you. When these changes were made pros should have seen a notification pop up with some explanation and link to this Help Center article: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/get-the-leads-you-want

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron
An on line chat rep told me which came as a surprise to me too. Nothing popped up to notify me. So then, you agree that with all changes, that Thumbtack wants ALL pros to use Promote?
0 Kudos