Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
JJLouis
Level 6

Re: Hey is Anyone Else Getting "Leads" from 2 and 3 States Away?

@WildasinHome Amen!

I couldn't have said it better. Do you know how many leads I have to pass up because potential customers give zero information, or ask for a "handyman" when they really need a plumber, or an electrician?

I said it before, and I'll say it again -  If Thumbtack wants more of my hard earned money, they need to provide more value. Getting us better leads would do that, AND make more revenue for Thumbtack in the process. 

How about trying that instead of hijacking a service you already provided, and then telling us we can have it back if we just "promote" our businesses?

Carlos63
Level 4

Yes, I am also getting leads from other states and county.
Is not helping my business grow.
Or accept more jobs.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Carlos63 are the ones you're seeing far away from the Jobs tab or in your Inbox? I checked your account to see that you're promoting and have a specific travel area set which means when customers contact you directly in your inbox that they'll be within that area, and if not you'll be given the choice to accept or decline the contact. Aside from that, you will see jobs in the Jobs tab and they'll be from a larger radius, but you can pick and choose which ones interest you. 

0 Kudos
TopChefSoCal
Level 4

Re: Mile radius of "Near my service area"

How do I change my service radius from south Orange County CA to north San Diego county CA (from Oceanside CA to Encinitas CA (coastal and inland)
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@TopChefSoCal to change your travel preferences you'll need to start at your services page, click on the service you want to change (in your case personal chef), then travel areas. After that, you'll be shown a map where you can select/deselect certain areas, you can even click on the arrow to the right of a major county to get a more specific list to pick and choose from. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

YUP I put in 50 mile radius and I'm getting jobs from 5-6 hours a way.   Really getting fustrated.

Moderator Meckell

@cgema in your Jobs tab, you'll see leads that are up to 150 miles away. If you aren't interested in the job, you can go ahead and pass on that. For your services that you have promoted, you shouldn't be getting contacted by customers who are outside of your radius. If you are, please send us a private message with the names of the customers and we'll dig into things. 

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

OK thank you!   I figured jobs would be more local too.    

0 Kudos

My travel preference is a 10 mile radius and I also submitted every town I do business in and I’m getting leads sent to me from 200 miles away! Everyday I have to clear 200+ jobs off of my app under “jobs”. Can you PLEASE let me know how to stop this from happening? Thumbtack used to be so easy and awesome. Did Thumbtack get too big too quickly? Please try and help me with this problem.

Moderator Meckell

Happy you reached out @NY_Landscaper. Just to clarify, are the jobs that you're referring to coming in through the Jobs tab?

0 Kudos