Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
DCGLLC
Level 5

Leads

Why am i getting jobs that are listed in the state of Georgia when i clearly have set my preferences to my area and location. Has Thumbtack not figured out where im looking for jobs at after a year of listing. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Leads

@DCGLLC 

Whether you're Promoting or not, you will receive leads in the Jobs tab that are up to 150+ miles away. I had thought that if I use Promote, the travel preferences would be set for the Jobs tab. But it's not. They feel that customers will choose us from their searches, and thus send us a message into our inbox. From what I've been told, searches are geared towards customers, because 80% of them weren't hearing from a Pro with the old system.

And the leads coming into Jobs tab they feel we may be interested in those long distance travel jobs, when in essence I feel, as well as other Pros, that those leads are to show us "see, we are sending you leads". I know that quote is a bit of sarcasm, but if Jobs tab isn't synched with Promote Job Preferences, we will thus receive those long distance leads for some unknown reason.

DCGLLC
Level 5

My job tabs should be synced. I show that there are x amount of jobs in my criteria by I dont seem to get as many as those leads coming to my new job listing eather. I used to get new leads all the time, but now it seems I get even less than it used to be before all the changes. And I'm also listed as a pro now ?
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@DCGLLC 

I believe that either @Meckell or @Kameron or both told me that Job preferences via Promote cannot be synched with Jobs tab leads. 

Hankster
Level 10

I have edited my Specific area tab 3 times in the last week. My distance travel area is 50 miles. I still keep getting partial match jobs that are located more than 50 miles away from where I live. I have yet again unchecked the two highlighted counties from my Specific areas yet again today. Looks like the job which is out of my travel area is a ghost one anyway. Check out the first name. Boobi. Really? The spammers must have working overtime thinking of that one. There's obviously a glitch with the system. Fix it! 

Specific Areas.jpgJobs.jpg

Hankster
Level 10

Another issue that I have with Thumbtack. I've  mentioned this before in other posts that have been out there in the community forums. This one was in my Jobs tab. This lead is looking for 7 hours of DJ service. Her budget? Under $300 up to $500. Are you kidding me? The cost for this lead? $40! Using Promote this lead would cost $32! A high priced lead no matter which format you use. I passed on this one. https://www.thumbtack.com/request/u11km7el?service_id=vMH3RWxKOICwfg&syndicated_category=11439370719...

I don't blame the lead at all. I blame Thumbtack. You folks have been in business for 10 years or so now. Do you understand that these are your customers Thumbtack? The same customers that you value more than your service pros! You need to better educate them as to what they should expect to pay for a DJ service or for any service that your customer needs to use for crying out loud! Why in the heck has this never been done by Thumbtack? Other leads sites do this. 

Here's a sample request of how one of the other lead service lets their customers know how much they should expect to pay for a DJ service. This one is for a 5 hour DJ gig:

DJ | Office party, Guests: 150-200 , Hotel/Conference venue
Phil in Tempe, AZ, 85281
Average value: $550-800
10 credits
Details
What type of event do you need a DJ for?
Office party
How old are the guests you're expecting?
30-39
What is the approximate number of guests?
150-200
Which types of DJ services would you consider?
DJ using their own equipment
Which type(s) of music would you consider?
I'm not sure yet
What type of venue is this for?
Hotel/Conference venue
What date would you like the DJ?
Monday May 20th, 2019
What time is the DJ required?
6-11 PM

Now THAT'S a job lead! Why not make this one of the April improvements @JasonB? If not April how about May? How hard would this be to implement? A well informed & educated customer would mean better quality leads for me the service pro. If you want us service pros to use or begin using the Promote product that you are all so proud of there at Thumbtack then you need to start doing a much better job in supporting your service pros........NOW!
DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster 

I've been passing on leads similar to this one that you just passed on. After Thumbtack take their expensive cut for lead cost, and we include gas, etc..with a customer budget under $300, what profit is left for us? The cost of the leads is too expensive. It should be a fixed price, as  other platforms charge us.

This example you gave is similar to another lead generation site that I belong to. It provides a lot of customer information,  and we can choose to reply or not..Then get charged! And if we reply, we get the customer contact information as well. What is difficult for TT to see?

It's going to be interesting to see what awesome improvements are coming in the next @JasonB post, hopefully in the next couple of days.

@Hankster as discussed the jobs shown in the Jobs tab will not reflect the preferences you choose when promoting. I've checked and found no indicators that this customer isn't genuine. Feel free to proceed as you'd like by either passing, quoting or leaving the job in your Jobs tab. If you do end up quoting to find additional info that you feel is odd, please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

As mentioned @Kameron that customer is well out of my 50 mile travel area radius. In fact one way from where I live just outside of Phoenix to Tucson is 132 miles. I've passed on the request. First name of Boobi? Geez I  wonder what Boobi's parents names are?......lol.  It's a spam request or ghost request in my opinion. What indicators does TT use to determine the validity of a lead?

I paid a lot of money and finally found out why, so when you put that job can be done online (no meeting required), then apparently you’ll receive leads from all over the country and if you are promoting your service you will pay for leads that are unrealistic. I offer the following services, wedding Officiant and pay about$10-15 for lead, then event planning and a lead will start around $20.00 to $35.00 for lead. Imagine paying for 4 of those in a day without being hired or hearing from client.
0 Kudos