results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted

How do I mark a job as hired?

Solved! Jump to solution

I just won a gig, but I don't see the option to 'Mark as Hired' anymore.   Does anyone know where it is?

Occupations (1)
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: How do I mark a job as hired?

Solved! Jump to solution

@covenantchild you need to be logged in on either a desktop or mobile browser. From there, go to the message between you and the customer and click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner. Click on the option that says update status and select either in progress or completed to indicate that you were hired. 

9 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@covenantchild you need to be logged in on either a desktop or mobile browser. From there, go to the message between you and the customer and click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner. Click on the option that says update status and select either in progress or completed to indicate that you were hired. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks @Meckell! Initially, I was looking for 'Mark as Hired' specifically, so I ignored those other options.  Problem solved!

drellieedits
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

On my app there is no place under those three dots to update my status.  I have no way of marking myself as hired and what's worse is my clients can't figure it out either.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@drellieedits currently pros can only update the status of a project through the actual website and not through the app. Any time customers leave a review for the pro they'll essentially be updating the status as well. 

0 Kudos
kservice
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
If you have the app on your phone then you can not do this from your mobile device. As soon as you click on the message it automatically takes you to the app. Is there a way to mark a job hired from the app?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Does the app do anything except create errors when uploading pictures? Having to go to the website to see the process through is absurd.

I’d be furious if I was a Thumbtack customer and this kind of reflecting on me.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Irritablebadger sorry to hear that you've been having troubles with this. Can you tell me what error you're running into when attempting to upload your photos?

0 Kudos
JimInDallas
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Go to Request a Review.  Schedule the review for after the job is scheduled.  You will then be marked as Hired.

0 Kudos
drellieedits
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I did that and it just says my status is in process.  SMH...the old app was better!!

0 Kudos