Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
Highlighted
paklucas
Level 5

How to mark as both hired and booked

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a wedding officiant. So I need to keep an up to date calendar that Thumbtack will show that I am hired. My clients have told me they cant find how to mark me as hired. I don't know what to tell them because I can't see what they are dealing with. When I mark my status as done, the feed shows that I am marked as hired. Is this what they see as an option  also?  Why, when they are "hired" does it not automatically mark them as booked and put it on my calendar? How can I get them marked as "Booked" on my calendar?  To me, it seems that it should be the same. I may be missing something that is simple.

It's all very confusing.  Thank you for your help.

Occupations (2)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to mark as both hired and booked

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't know how to walk you through the process of teaching your clients how to mark you as "Hired." I will warn you that a client marking you as "Hired" is NOT the same thing as you performing the ceremony. You aren't truly hired until you've done the work. I personally don't like it when a client marks me as hired - they are doing so before I've conducted my walk-through to confirm that I'll take them on, before we've signed a contract. And yup, they sometimes back out, or I don't take someone on, before any work gets done. You can mark yourself as hired, if you prefer to do so, and a Thumbtack rep can easily teach you how.

14 responses

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't know how to walk you through the process of teaching your clients how to mark you as "Hired." I will warn you that a client marking you as "Hired" is NOT the same thing as you performing the ceremony. You aren't truly hired until you've done the work. I personally don't like it when a client marks me as hired - they are doing so before I've conducted my walk-through to confirm that I'll take them on, before we've signed a contract. And yup, they sometimes back out, or I don't take someone on, before any work gets done. You can mark yourself as hired, if you prefer to do so, and a Thumbtack rep can easily teach you how.

paklucas
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. Like you, I do not ask my clients to mark me as hired until we have gone through some steps including a downpayment.

I would like to see a option of marking "Hired" and different mark such as "Done" when the job is finished.

The next part of the questioned is how to either mark myself as "Booked" or have my clients do this. Someone did this last week and it showed up on my calendar. I do not know what they did on their end and I want to be able to do this but I haven't figured out how.

0 Kudos
MeganK
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@paklucas this article has the steps for marking yourself as hired: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/keep-track-of-my-hires. Let us know if you need help and it's not included here. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I got an email from Thumbtack Support.
She said you can Mark your client as "hired" from the actual website, on a desktop computer. She does not know why they took away our right to "Mark as hired" from our phone apps. 🙀??
0 Kudos
Kimberleek9
Level 1

Mark as hired

Solved! Jump to solution
I cannot find where to mark my jobs as hired. I read the other post that say to go to the job in your inbox to update status, but my drop down menu does not offer this option. It is like this on the last 4 jobs I’ve done
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Mark as hired

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kimberleek9 in order to find the button and mark yourself hired, you'll want to try using either a desktop or a mobile browser instead of the app. Once you've found the button an updated the job, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer.

0 Kudos
edwardfrebow
Level 5

Starting a job

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello I am new to thumbTack and had a job today. I could not find a way to start the job and finish the job. Can someone help me with this. I watched the video but I am not sure where to look on the app. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Starting a job

Solved! Jump to solution

Welcome, @edwardfrebow! It sounds like your referring to possibly updating the status of the project. You can update it from your end and the customer will be asked to approve it. This help center article will have the exact steps to do this from your end HERE. The customers can also choose to do this at any point and time. They'll be asked the status of the job, when it will be completed, and if they'd like to leave the pro a review. Let me know if you have additional questions in regards to this.

edwardfrebow
Level 5

Re: Starting a job

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello I am sorry to be such a novice but I do not see an Update status button. All I see is 

View competition

view job descriptionArchive

Mark unread and so on. And so on.

Am I looking in the wrong place. I clicked on the email in my ibox but did not see Update Status.

0 Kudos