Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
Boonie
Level 4

I have seen an increase in Spam on here.

I have seen an increase in spam from thumbtack recently. I have discovered that spammers are asking for quotes then they ghost you then you recieve a text message from an individual with the same request automatcally. What gives? I am fixing to dump this site. More trouble than it is worth.

Occupations (2)
States
13 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: I have seen an increase in Spam on here.

This sounds concerning @Boonie and I want to look into this further. Could you send me a private message with the name of the customer and any screenshots of the text messages they're sending? 

0 Kudos
Boonie
Level 4

I do not know how to send you copies.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Boonie go to my profile here and then select direct message. From there, include the names of the suspicious customers and attach any screenshots of communication that happened via text message. Let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
StvRich
Level 5

As an ex-infrastructure (network tech) from a global-scope data center.....
I can (sorta) appreciate How Difficult it must be to HAVE Any Level of "Quality Assurance" going EITHER direction. Contractor to Cust or Cust to Contractor.... Plus- Thumbtack could be "toyed with" by competitors. ....re: Fraudulant info/customers....
I have saved & framed a couple "scammer checks" that I have on my wall. .... The ONLY thing I pray & work toward.... Is "INTEGRITY IN ALL THINGS". & Pray for wisdom and clarity of vision.

Me too!
0 Kudos
ThomF
Level 3

I as well have kept from puyting more money in my budget the a last few weeks its Been ...odd I guess haveing trouble keeping faith i. The app
CLGPatrick
Level 7

I, personally, have had people reach out to contact me but not follow through.  Honestly, that's par for the course.  They have no skin in the game and after reaching out to us they can decide whether they want to follow through with contacting us or not.  It happens.

The question is, are you continuously following up with those leads?  I reach out to those leads that didn't follow through at least once a week.  I've found that, by doing that, I've managed to salvage about 18% of those leads.  What I earn from the 18% of leads that went cold actually pays for my total lead cost for the month if I hadn't reached out to any of those leads at all.

Another reality is that many people reach out to multiple pros.  Are you looking to see how many of those leads are contacting other pros? If they are, are you responding faster than they are?  Have you compared your profile to other pros in your area providing the same services as you?  I bet if you ask yourself those questions, you may be able to make up some ground on the amount of money you spend being promoted or sending quotes.

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
LZDNVG
Level 7

I’ve had the same experience as @CLGPatrick keep reaching out to those “ghost” leads and convert as much as possible!

I either annoy people via thumbtack until they change the “status” and I’m continually asking for contact info to add them to my email list! I also convert about 15% of my “missed leads” down the road from the weekly interaction!
CLGPatrick
Level 7

@LZDNVG, I completely agree.  Keep contacting them about twice a week until they're tired of the notifications and change the status or they actually hire me.  15%-20%... Worth the headache for sure when it's super easy and fast to do.

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography