Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
yourhouse
Level 5

Lead Phone Numbers

When I pay top dollar for a lead I expect to be able to contact the person, where is the contact info? Contacting the lead via your website does not work, I am paying for the lead, I want contact info!

Occupations (1)
States
63 responses
GrampysMagic
Level 7

Re: Lead Phone Numbers

I agree !!!  We are paying BIG money for these leads and the NEED to include a phone number.  TT used to give us the number (click to revial after bidding), so why not now???

Moderator Kameron

@yourhouse @GrampysMagic we did at one point try to require customers to leave their phone number. We found that it wasn't a good fit for the site since customers would get an overwhelming amount of calls all at once. After looking into it further, customers want to wait to share their information with a pro until they've initiated and had some conversation first, and we want to allow them to do so at the point that they feel comfortable.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

But we need some type of contact information after spending $$ on a conversation starter. Some of those leads are outrageously priced, we should have at least an email.

magicfingers
Level 6

Without a phone number and an email address we will not under any circumstances pay top dollar for a persons name.

This cannot be classified as a genune lead,

If the customer will not submit their phone it sends a clear message that they are not serious about the project and are a tire kicker.

Angies list provides a phone number,email address for a lead at a quarter of the price and limits competion to 3 pros.

GeorgeH
Level 8

part of the process in posting a job is to post your phone number.  The customer has to include their phone number.  Thumbtack then scrubs it, along with the customers last name and or email adress (which is also collected).  It's simple to understand, Thumbtack does not want you to contact the lead outside the TT platform.  Some of this makes sense... but when the lead has been paid for, what's the big deal? 

At one point, Thumbtack's position was that the customers were not hearing from enough pro's.  There used to be a cap on how many pro's could respond to a lead, (5).  So Thumbtack removed the cap, in an effort to meet customer demands.  Apparently, now the customers are inundated with pro's responses.  We wouldnt want the customer to have to deal with too many calls, so Thumbtack blocks the phone number.  The result....pro's use their only means to reach the client, send a message... Now, TT has added a new benefit on the customer side, the equivalent of blocking a phone number, now a customer can block a pro so they wont have to see your messages.  You can now pay for a lead, respond to a lead, follow up to a lead, (all these steps are recommended by thumbtack for securing a new job...see "tips on winning jobs") all the while, you are being blocked, and your messages are not even being seen.

rya
Level 2

kudos to that!

0 Kudos
GrampysMagic
Level 7

Ok..I can understand about the customer getting flooded with calls.  But...in the case where they have supposidly selected me and wants to know my avaiabliity... I want a phone number.  They chose me, so why shouldn't I have it then?

RevDrLCT
Level 6

One concern I have is this: when a customer says “please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx by 6:00 PM” we can’t because the phone number is all “x”. What should we do? The client is waiting for a phone call and likely is not coming back to check Thumbtack for a message.
Moderator Meckell

@RevDrLCT can you give me the name of a customer in which this happened? I want to look into this further so I can send detailed feedback to our Product Team. 

0 Kudos