Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Telephone numbers

Which is a shame for us as service pros because the price that these ghost leads cost us now adds up rapidly as lost revenue. As a long time user of TT (10 years) I have never seen the job poster after they submitted their request & I paid for the lead that the phone number & e-mail address was provided through any of the formats used (credits system, ProAssist, Instant Match, Promote & now Targeting). One day hopefully the suggestions that many of us have made over the years in which making this information mandatory will finally happen.

Hankster 7/30/19

Why customer contact info is not available to pro once they contacted you?

Hi TT Team,

I have one question. When customer contacted me and I am being charged which customer may not be aware of (Thanks to your hiding Biggest Fact) and now they are not responding. Why they is no other way for Pro to contact customer. In past, phone number of customer was availble which was convenient.  There should be another way of communication for Pros specially when they have been charged. How do i know if they are real customers or bots or fake profiles?

Thanks

Paru

DeputyDawg
Level 5

Re: Why customer contact info is not available to pro once they contacted you?

@awesomeinblissExcellent points!  How does anybody know if these are genuine leads with the high percentage of ghosting and lack of contact information?

Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Why customer contact info is not available to pro once they contacted you?

@awesomeinbliss 

Excellent post and question!!

We've been having this discussion for many months. It's been brought up several times in recent weeks in various threads. This link is from February, https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Getting-started/Lead-Phone-Numbers/m-p/18902#M415

and I'm sure that there are other discussions older than this concerning why we aren't provided one form of "customer" contact information.  I don't want to repeat what I've said in other threads, but this is the first platform that I've been on where we aren't provided "customer" information after we paid for a so-called lead.

DJ Stevie 8-15-2019