results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
HansenJC
Level 10

Let's Talk About Switching Accounts

I was recently on the forum using one of my two Accounts. Let's call it Account B. I logged out of Account B in the upper right corner of the screen, and when I attempted to log back in with Account A, I was automatically logged in as Account B. I left this website and tried to log in again, but that failed again. How is it possible to truely manage which Account I want to use when TT seems to think no one has two Accounts?  All I wanted to do is create a forum post on a relevant topic specific to Account A which is where my focus is at this moment.

AND... This topic has no connection to the State I am in. Why do posts like this require a state? Why can't this simply be a general forum for everyone in the country? The system is extremely laborious to add all 50 states. But I did it anyway.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
9 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: Let's Talk About Switching Profiles

Hey there @HansenJC, we know many pros have multiple services to offer. This is why we have the option to have multiple profiles under one account. You can read more about it here. However, to clarify, you have two completely separate accounts with separate emails? If a log in is saved, clearing cache and cookies on your device might solve this issue. As for requiring a state, can you clarify? Are you saying it's asking for what state you're in in order to post on the community?

HansenJC
Level 10

@JordanNYes. And the reason I have two different accounts is because I once had two profile under one account. The clients saw all my 5 star reviews for profile A and I was biding under profile B. They saw I have been hired 36 times and wondered why only 5 people reviewed me. They surely found it perplexing why my A profile service experience and reviews would be relevant to my B profile quotes. So I split them into two accounts so that requests for one service appears consitent with my profile and quotes and job hire count and reviews. Thumbtack couldn't do it so I did it. Believe me.... I asked Thumbtack to help me fix this..... Imagine their response.

EXAMPLE: A shoemaker and a butcher both work with cattle and beef. But would you want your shoemaker to also cut your sirloin? 5 Five-star reviews for steak - 41 total hires. No more steak cutting for you. The trust factor slips quickly when the numbers do not add up. Go back through my account history to the begining and read the support tickets.

IF you had a clean way to only show the total number of hires for one profile to the clients who are requesting that service, it would work..... but it does not work that way. You show them the job count total for the entire account, not just one profile. The reviews are for only one profile such as the Meat Cutter or the Shoemaker. 100 total jobs but this does not match the five reviews for well cut sirloin steaks. The clients wondered why my review percentage does not match my number of hires. No solution in sight for this is there? That request got kicked down the road a long way! Maybe in 2023?

Yes, for me to post to this forum with a new topic I must add every State in the country in order that it will be seen by everyone in the USA. Try it yourself? We are stopped from entering a new topic without entering at least one State. 

Try some of this yourself. Surely you have access to the debug environment to test these software issues. Thumbtack does have a debug environment doesn't it?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Related to the topic. This issue is also present on my phone. I get an email notification on my phone with a nice attractive request that could be profitable to me if I quote it quickly with a well written quote. (Read many other responses from other pros why Instant Match is a deal breaker.) But it is on my second account. (See first reply for the reason I have two accounts) So I have to log in with manually entered email name and password. Yes, you read that right. Same issue on the phone. Thumbtack thinks I am only one account. So I must do things on my phone that cannot be streamlined. I must both remember a random password and enter it with my thumb while I drive from job to job. In my state, texting while driving is against the law. When I wait till I can pull off the road, the request already has its alloted quota of quotes from other Pros. Another FAIL! Pretty soon am I sitting at home with my eyes glues to my Thumbtack account hoping I can enter a custom quote in less than a minute before all the other Instant Match quotes get through. OOPS! No chance of me beating the bot.

FAIL!

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hey, @HansenJC I just want to make sure we're on the same page as to what's going on when you're going from one account to another. Just so I understand; you're logged into account A, then get a request for account B. You have to log back into account B to view request to send a quote. From there, if you want to go back to account A, you need to log back in? 

HansenJC
Level 10

Well, sorta.    I must 1) log out of my account A and then 2) log in to my account B. And then reverse the process when needed. But the log out goes according to plan, but step 2) logging in FAILS because Thumbtack relied on something in memory such as a cookie. But I am not the expert. I am sure one of your programmers knows what is making the browser log me back into the same account that I just logged out of. I enter nothing because the browser does not request any entry. The Thumbtack system does not accomodate two open browser sessions that would allow me to flip back and forth from/to accounts.

I am losing track of how I overcome it. I think I close the browser and then relog. Please test this yourself. I have a strong aversion to doing unpaid debugging unless I am a willing participant in a beta program.

I use Firefox if that matters.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC I've got some workarounds that I think we can try to solve this for you. Watch out for a direct message from me.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Let's Talk About Switching Profiles - Workarounds

Well, I did find an issue with my browser that is was set to "log me in automatically". Now that this was changed I still get logged in automatically when I visit the URL for Thumbtack.

At least now I can log out and then log in with my chosen Account.

Why does the system log me in with the last account that had been used? This is a serious inconvenience to follow a saved URL and find I am logged in automatically. Then I must Log out if I did not wish to use the account that was last used in a previous session. THEN I am allowed to Log In to the account I want to use. I am looking for a way to reduce my number of steps to get TT to work for me as the account of my own choosing.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Let's Talk About Switching Profiles - Workarounds - Still Need A True Solution

I have found an issue where the URL for the Sign-In has the "Remeber Me" checkbox checked by default. And so, I uncheck it and every time I visit this page the checkbox is checked again. REALLY Every time!  So, I uncheck that box and log in. But again the next time I land on this page, the box is ALWAYS checked.

Please fix this.

I do not feel it is appropriate to uncheck this box every time I wish to log in.

TTLoginPage.pngI do not want the Remember me box checked

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let's Talk About Switching Profiles - Workarounds - Still Need A True Solution

@HansenJC I'm glad to see those two suggestions I gave helped. Keep doing what you've been doing, even though I know it's not the most efficient. I'm looking into the "Remember me" box being checked when you return to the page after deselecting it, with our product team an will have some answers on this soon.

0 Kudos