Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted

Marriage Proposal Scam

So, 

I'm a photographer and dI've had this happen about 4 times now.  Mind you the first 2 times, I didn't see anything off.  The third time, started to notice something odd.  This time, I'm playing the game to actually figure out what the game is. lol.

Ok,

I get a "lead" or I'm "promoted" to someone who is looking for a marriage proposal.

The "client" will state they are coming to visit and wants to do a suprise proposal.  I've noticed the client will say they are Indian and are having two versions.  An Indian version and an American version.  We will speak, it will be a great conversation, they will want to see more of my work and then disappear for a while..  When I follow up, they've decided to go elsewhere.

Sounds pretty innocent, right?

Found out they are taking the pictures and creating accounts with stock photography agencies. So, even if you have them watermarked, they are editing the watermark out, and using them to generate potential money for themselves with stock photography groups.

IF you feel you are getting something similar, please reach out to Thumbtack.  I believe I was refunded on one of these.  Not sure about the others. 

Just wanted to share.

good luck out there!

Occupations (2)
States
0 Kudos
1 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Marriage Proposal Scam

@Sashareneephoto thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's super important for us to know. Yes, please let us know if you run into these type of requests so we can get you taken care of! Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of the customers who you didn't get refunded for, I'm happy to look into it for you. 

0 Kudos