results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
designsby
Level 5

My clients keep thinking I'm in their state?

Hi there!

Chiu from DesignbyChiu here. I've noticed now, about 60% of my customers think I'm in their state, when my profile clearly says that I have a California zip code. A few of them have been reluctant because they feel the distance will adversley affect the work process. 

Is there a better or easier way to show where the pro really is, especially for pros like me who work remotely 90% of the time?

Thanks for your help!

Chiu

Occupations (1)
States
9 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: My clients keep thinking I'm in their state?

Hello @designsby, I'm sorry to hear that some of your possible customers have been experiencing this confusion.

Currently, when customers are filtering their search results they'll have the option to filter remotely or locally or both. I'll make sure to pass along your feedback in that we could possibly do more to make things clearer to customers when they have the remote filter selected.

Wag2Appaws
Level 1

I am receiving job offers from area far away from me. I do not know how to fix this. Please help!!!

I have my address set correctly but I still am receiving job offers from outside of my settings.
Moderator Meckell

Re: I am receiving job offers from area far away from me. I do not know how to fix this. Please h...

@Wag2Appaws I figured out what's going on, you have your advanced setting on that suggest jobs near your travel area. To turn this off, go to your services and scroll down to the bottom and you'll see advanced settings.  Once that's turned off, you'll only receive leads that match your travel preferences Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Alero
Level 1

How to stop getting emails for out-of-area opportunities.

I love getting new opportunities in my inbox, but I don't understand why I get jobs that are completely on the other side of the country instead of only jobs within my work radius. It makes no sense and I'm starting to really hate having to sift through job opportunities to find the ones located in MY area.

Moderator Meckell

Re: How to stop getting emails for out-of-area opportunities.

@Alero if you go to your travel preferences, you'll see that you have the option I work remotely (phone or internet) turned on. When that's turned on, you'll receive jobs from all over the US. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Daniel_O
Level 7

@Meckell that isn't the solution - the problem is Thumbtack's software (I'm just about to post a discussion about it). I get jobs all the time from people who want to meet in person, and it's clear to me that they don't know that I live nowhere near them.

0 Kudos
dro
Level 6

there is nothing like tht under my travel preferences. i thin this is a way for tt to get more money from the pro

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@dro while pros may now see a number of jobs that could be further from them than they'd like, if it's a job in the Jobs tab or a contact that isn't a close match, the pro will have the option to opt-in for the job and the charge along with it. In times where a pro was charged and that may not have necessarily been the case, we're open to taking a look closer look into those. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I am seeing an increase in jobs 2-4 hours and more away from me. Very, very rare do I see a local job. That has to change!!! I feel that I'm being punished for not putting Promote on. That's not fair at all. And with Promote on, I don't get any leads for some unknown reason, after doing everything that Thumbtack suggest that I do.

Please know that alot of my frustrations along with many Pros aren't directed at you and the other moderators personally, but at the whole system that was changed without understanding how it will affect ALL Pros.

0 Kudos