Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
Highlighted
TheLast10SF
Level 6

New jobs / search results vs. jobs dashboard

Solved! Jump to solution

I looked around Help but couldn't find an answer to my question. With the new system, when a customer posts a new job, all the Pros now show up in search results and the customer can reach out. Here are my questions:

1) Does every new job eventually end of in the Dashboad > Jobs queue?

2) What's the timing of jobs showing up in the Dashboard > Jobs queue?

Thank you. 

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
TheLast10SF
Level 6

Re: New jobs / search results vs. jobs dashboard

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification and quick response. 

6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Great question @TheLast10SF. When a customer reaches out to a pro, they also give details about their job as they did before. If the details of the job match other pros preferences, it will be sent to those pros jobs tab. As far as the timing, it gets sent to those pros right as the customer reaches out to the initial pro. 

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification and quick response. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Speaking for myself, while this appeared to be the case previously, as of Friday, I am no longer seeing any jobs in the Jobs tab.  Previously, new jobs were appearing every ten to fifteen minutes.  Now, nothing is appearing.

As I am a tax accountant and look for tax prep jobs, this makes no sense at all as this is exactly the season when people come to Thumbtack to find accountants.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@jofijosephcpa you have promote turned on for Individual Tax Preparation and it looks like you're getting a lot of customers reaching out to you from the list of pros, so awesome! So although you may be seeing less in your jobs tab, you'll still see jobs coming in through your inbox. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, I am aware of all that, but I am curious as to why just a week ago, I was seeing a steady stream of Jobs and now absolutely nothing.

Did Thumbtack change its policy here?  Are you no longer showing Jobs to Thumbtack Pros if the customer did not already directly reach out to you?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@jofijosephcpa we are still showing jobs to pros through the jobs page. However, it looks like you’re getting connected with customers through Promote. Because they’re reaching out to you, you will see less jobs in the jobs page.

0 Kudos