Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
fauzia
Community Regular

No more text notifications and more

I stopped getting text notifications about 2 weeks ago. Right before that, I started getting notices for the wrong topics. For example, for teaching Spanish when I teach ESL. I don't even know Spanish And only Resume Writing as opposed to all. I think the culprit was the change I made to my targeted settings. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with Thumbtack Customer Service. To no avail - no one could solve my problem; they just kept telling me it was my profile. Incredibly frustrating.

Also, has anyone figured out why pros are limited to a geographic area when so many jobs are remote? 

If anyone has the same experience or any feedback, please let me know. I would be very appreciative.

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
5 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: No more text notifications and more

@fauzia thanks for letting us know about this! Can you tell me the exact date that you stopped receiving text notifications? Are you by chance receiving email notifications? 
When you offer your services remotely, you aren't limited to a geographic area for those jobs. You are able to get leads from customers all across the US if they're wanting services done remotely. 

0 Kudos
fauzia
Community Regular

@Meckell 

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I can't pinpoint the exact date, but it was sometime around July 20. I still am not receiving text notifications. I see them online and in the app, but only when I initiate checking. I have given up hope of customer service being able to help me, but am reaching out here in a last attempt to figure this out. 

Also, can anyone explain why the cost of leads seems so random and variable. I have one lead I was charged $9.66 (as an example) even though I never heard back. I feel I'm paying a lot of leads who never reply. Any tips on how to minimize these losses?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@fauzia will you send me a private message confirming which phone number you're wanting to receive text notifications to?

0 Kudos
fauzia
Community Regular

@Meckell

I would like to, but don't know how to send you a private message. I will as soon as you can tell me. Thanks! Fauzia

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@fauzia to send a private message you'll just need to click on the person's picture, view profile, and the direct message button is shown there. Let us know if you have any troubles with this.

0 Kudos