Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Partial matches

@TomPotter 

There have been discussions on this topic last week. We were told that if we Promote our business, the travel preferences will be set, if not Promoting, we get jobs up to 150+ miles away, because they don't know what jobs we want and want us to sift through it. My argument was and still is, If we set the preferences, it should be able to work for when Promote is on or off. Don't know if that will ever come to be again.

TomPotter
Level 5

Thank you. So what I'm understanding is they want us to pay more and promote our business for the same quality leads we used to get for free with the choice to reply or not. The reason I stopped using homeadvisor and preferred thumbtack was for better pricing and quality of leads.
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

Unless you use promote, which I don't, there is no way to fix this. That is TT way of trying to get you to use it. I get job requests 5 hours away, and I am a pet sitter! LOL

DJStevie
Level 12

@cranichik 

I've been using Promote as a research, 4 weeks now..and leads in Jobs Tab are still coming in 150+ miles away. Thought maybe my preferences would work while Promote is on. Nope..And only 1 hire in 6 leads..not good percentage either, and I dropped from number 1 to number 3 in local searches..