Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TomPotter
Level 5

Partial matches

I started a discussion a few months ago about how to get rid of partial matches and was able to fix the issue. The partial matches are back-jobs over 2 hours away are coming in. The old solution to this problem is no longer available. How do I turn this off again?
Occupations (1)
States
13 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Partial matches

@TomPotter it looks like we had a conversation with you about this back in July. Since then, we've made some adjustments. Many jobs may not be a perfect match, but they might still be jobs you’re interested in. That's why we give you the option! If the job looks like a good fit, feel free to respond. If the job isn’t a good fit, go ahead and pass on it. Are these leads ones your seeing in the Jobs tab?

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 7

@Meckell I was about to post with the same issue as my jobs tab is getting bombarded with partial matches. I don't want to clutter my page with partial matches. This weekend my jobs tab had nearly 100 partial matches that I'm not interested in. Are you saying there's no way anymore to limit the jobs tab to fully matching jobs? For me, that's what the profile preferences is all about. Thank you. 

Moderator Meckell

@TheLast10SF correct. When you promote your business and set preferences, we get you connected to those jobs that you always want. The Jobs tab acts as a secondary source for jobs where customers either already reached out to a different pro, or their job doesn't fully match your set preferences. 

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 7

@Meckell#CouldBeBetter.  From my POV, that's a pretty big change in behavior. Did I just miss the communication? For services we are not promoting, do the filters (e.g., only find one-day jobs) do anything anymore? Thanks for the clarifications. 

Moderator Meckell

@TheLast10SF if you look in your services, you don't have preferences set for the services in which you aren't promoting. To get the jobs you always want, be sure to get those preferences set by promoting. When we made this update, we had a pop-up banner shown in the app and website letting you know. That pop-up banner also showed this Help Center article with more info. 

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Got it, thanks @Meckell I didn't read that message carefully enough.  Regardless, I will continue going through dozens and dozens of jobs to find the right ones. Generally I like the idea of Promote, but for me it only works in a very few categories. Before I go full-in, there needs to be two things: a) fairer quote pricing. For instance, I still don't have an accurate explanation for the differences between Cabinetry ($20/lead) and Customer Cabinet Building ($41/lead), and, b) a real policy around ghosting, to which I'm hopeful based on TT comments at the SF event and in other community threads. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@TheLast10SF your suggestions are very helpful! If you have any other specific feedback on the categories you don't feel promote is working for, let me know. 

TomPotter
Level 5

Is thumbtack going to start requiring customers to be more specific in their requests? I'm in the construction trade and I pass on many leads that would otherwise be in my geographic area because given how vague or undescriptive they are, it's not worth $80 to me.
TomPotter
Level 5

Correct, we did have this conversation and the problem was fixed with your instructions. Now, we are back to having jobs come into my job feed that are in a completely different state. Having to weed through jobs that are nowhere near anything I'd be interested in makes me disinterested in opening my thumbtack to even use it. Why set a geographic area just to have jobs sent my way I would never even remotely be interested in-even if the lead was free. I'm not too interested in driving 3 hours each direction for a job.