Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
Highlighted
WOfficiant
Level 5

Professional License

Copy of an email I have sent to Thumbtack:

As I mentioned to you in the past and to several others at Thumbtack, the case of the bartender that is also listed as a Wedding Officiant, I do not have the name, but several officiants has mentioned it in our meetings. It does got all of us very upset!!!  I repeat it agin, NO STATE IN THE USA, offers a state license for Wedding Officiants. There is no such thing, but If you look under Wedding Officiants in your files, you will see that there are several showing a license. You don't even show that category under the list of professions for Wedding Officiants or Ministers!!!  So we are going in circles. If you read my notes below, you can see we are repeating the same, the same and the same. I believe Thumbtack is not going to do anything about it. It will continue misleading people who are booking for a Wedding Officiants, and showing they have a license for it, jeopardizing others who can’t show one when they look for who is sending a quote, because the is no such Wedding officiants license, only an ID from the Church we are associated with as Ministers. Not even a Priest received a state license, how would you think we are going to get one?

Occupations (1)
29 responses
ClergyNow
Level 4

Wedding Officiant License

We live in Ohio. Ohio doesn’t issue ID numbers for Wedding Officiant License. The licenses can be easily verified by going to sos.ohio.gov, scrolling down to the Minister’s License search, and typing in our last name. I also sent a copy of my License, but for some reason it was rejected!?! What should we do?!?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Wedding Officiant License

@ClergyNow I'll look into this for you and get you some answers. Go ahead and send me a private message with your account email address and what your license type is. 

0 Kudos
bigdogserv
Level 4

Professional License

Good afternoon we have enlisted for approx one week with your service and we have yet had our license verified. Keeps saying pending in your system which does not allow us to bid nothing but the small jobs. Maybe this is how your algorithm is designed but does not seem right that we get no answers. We could have gone with your competition but your company came recommend to us by a colleague. Please advise as to when this shall be resolved so we can decide how to move forward. Best regards, J
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Professional License

@bigdogserv Hi J, I'm going to take a look into this and see what's going on. I want you to be able to quote on those jobs! Once I get more info about this I'll send you a direct message, keep an eye out for that. 

0 Kudos
cwoodstair
Level 4

Please get back to me soon. Meanwhile their is a custmer waiting in limbo in my request box. That is really bad Customer service!!!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi, @cwoodstair thanks for your patience with this. In order for you to quote on requests, your license needs to meet California's laws and requirements. To send Stair Installation Model Repair quotes on Thumbtack, you will need C61 / D41 - Limited Specialty or C23 - Ornamental Metal Work license. I hope this helps clear things up. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
cwoodstair
Level 4

You are wrong look at any stair company on the cslb.ca.gov.com they all have C-6 License or call them. Thanks Mark

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for that feedback @cwoodstair, I've sent that on to the right team. At this time you will need to retain one of those licenses I listed above in order to continue quoting on Thumbtack. Go here to read more about License upload requirements in California and let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
Gabhan
Level 5

We are a Small Welding Company in South Florida doing home repairsand custom fabrication for 10yrs, now we have lost all of the handrail and stairs work because someone has decided that we need some kind of licensing for this work???

Not true!
We have been with Thumbtack for a couple of years and are one of the Top Pros in area, we will be leaving this platform due to this
CORPORATE MOVE OR BLUNDER!
0 Kudos