results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Professional License

Hi @Gabhan, I'd hate to see you go and I'm sorry if this came as a surprise in any way. At signup, all pros agree that they are properly and fully qualified and experienced, and licensed, certified, bonded, and insured, as required by applicable laws or regulations. We’ve always required this, and now we’re just requiring pros to upload that license for verification before quoting. In order to quote on Railing Installation or Remodel jobs, you'll need to have on of the following licenses:  

-Certified Building Contractor

-Certified General Contractor

-Certified Residential Contractor

-Registered Building Contractor

-Registered General Contractor

-Registered Residential Contractor

These licenses must be issued by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Business licenses do not qualify as valid general contracting licenses. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to send me a private message. I'm always happy to help! 

0 Kudos
cwoodstair
Level 6

I live in California and I agree with you 100% I called the CSLB and a C-6 Cabinet, Millwork and General Finish Carpentry License does qualify you for stairs. It is worded as non bearing partitions. 25% of my test was on handrail codes.  cwoodstair

0 Kudos
cwoodstair
Level 6

Get this one as of last night they changed the State License requirements for Staircase Railing Remodel or Repair.  C-6 Cabinet Millwork and General Finish Carpentry does not cover this category only C-61 Limited Specialty and C-23 Ornamental Metal can receive quotes. I just took my test 4 months ago 25% was on Handrail. In the State of California  C-6 license is acceptable to do Stairs. This is why I opened my own company so I would not have to deal with corporate idiots were the right hand does not not know what the left is doing. Thank god I can find another avenue to get leads. Right now I am cut off yet they keep sending leads that I can't quote according to Thumbtack that is pathetic. I hope someone in that company moniters this blog. Meanwhile according to Thumbtack their are few thousand companies doing stairs in the State of California doing stairs illegally. Thanks Mark Rowe CWS C-6 Lic# 1042613 

0 Kudos
leanardia
Level 4

license

I've tried to add my license on my page but I don't see the option for the state of Georgia
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: license

Hi there @leanardia, follow these steps to get your license on your profile: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/manage-my-license. If you're still having trouble after following those steps, send me a PM and I can take a look and see what's going on. 
Keep in mind that as of right now, we only verify occupational or professional licenses issued by state governments.

jase_121
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

I don’t really have thoughts on pricing. My issue is this, I am a licensed insured bonded contractor and I can’t complete with unlicensed people you allow to work with you on this site. I never get jobs on here. I can’t work dirt cheap I have to pay taxes and insurance licenses etc. I feel a lot of your customers on here are seeking cheapest possible pricing from unlicensed contractors. I’m sure you probably don’t care but I’m about done with it delete acct. also I keep getting so **bleep** many emails from hours away and I can’t find a way to change in settings. I only work about 30-45 mile radius
Joshdrrc
Level 1

Proof of Licensing/ Changes needed

I just reinstated a small business in SWFL, moving for North Florida to here. I specialize in residential renovations and new construction.
I have been using thumbtack for a while now doing small work before my company was recently reinstated l. Purused work that I didn't need the licensing part, well now I'm back up and running and have gotten going here I've decided to verify license. As do a lot of companies, my company is qualified by another individuals license (in this case being my father's) catch is it won't let me verify because my profiles "legal name" doesn't match the license holder.

Many many companies operate this way.

There needs to be a way that we can verify our qualifications both ways, therefore we will not be having to change our legal name on our accounts.

I mean I'm allowed to own an entire entity and not have to change ownership just because the qaulifier has a different name.

Please address this situation so those of us operating this way can make a living and use your app to the best of our advantages.
0 Kudos

Why cant I as an IT Professional select IT Certifications

Below is the discussion i had with the Thumbtack Rep on FB. I was directed to share my concerns here. I dont belive us IT folks get a fair shot at displaying who we are.

I have been waiting for Thumbtack to update what is listed as a "Professional Licence"
As an Information Technology Professional I feel we are being left out
There a dozens if not hundreds of Professionally recognized Certifications that are required to do many jobs and we dont have any there.

There are no IT certificates that I've seen.. IT certs have display different levels of overall knowledge and expertise in a particular function.
For example the COMPTIA A+ is specifically for Host or Desktop support. CISCO CCNA is the associate level for Network Management
ISC2 CISSP is is higher end certification for Cyber Security Management
All of this can be found with simple Google searches. These are the certs that employers look for in the real world so why cant we display these to our future customers so that they know we are knowledgeable? The site has projects for IT support yet there is no concern for the IT professionals.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Why cant I as an IT Professional select IT Certifications

Welcome to the Community @ITProfessional. At this time, Thumbtack only verifies occupational or professional licenses issued by state governments. We no longer list business licenses on profiles after feedback that they created a confusing experience for customers. Thanks for your feedback, I'll be sure to pass it along! 

0 Kudos

Re: Why cant I as an IT Professional select IT Certifications

While I appreciate the response. I have seen this exact message before. Not all customers are unaware of what our Professional certifications represent. Who’s to say all customers understand what the State Licenses represent. I am not an Electrician or a Plumber or any other occupation that the states monitor.

0 Kudos