results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
RASJLLC
Level 4

License issue on my profile

I started with tt back in 2016 when I started my company and I had my volusia county (FL) Handyman license added on to my profile on the tt. Now with all these changes that tt has made over the last year, I realized my license was no longer added to my profile. I have tried multiple times to add my license again and have called and emailed with customer service multiple times but the only answer I get is that I need a Florida Contractor's License, but I do not need a contractors license for handyman work in the State of Florida. My license number and name are searchable through the volusia county business tax office, and I am registered through the state as a handyman business entity at sunbiz.org. Whike i am considered a handyman I am licensed, certified, and experienced in flooring installations and remodels. So if I can get someone to add my license back to profile, I need more than just handyman leads.
With that said, I have been a flooring and tile contractor for over 16 years and just recently started my own company (in 2016) and had a great experience with tt at first, especially because tt helped me build clientele, but now since my license is no longer on my profile I have not had a job that I wad hired for through tt since my license went missing from my profile. There are different types of handyman, contractor, registered residential contractor and many more classifications of licensing for Florida but none of them work for my license to get approved back onto my profile. This whole thing has been frustrating and off setting to my company's relationship with tt that no one has been willing to help me figure this out.
On top of it all, the whole issue with tt new interface and instant match/promotion on has significantly jack up the prices of each individual lead to outrageous prices when they should have stuck with the credit system that was used when I first signed on as a pro.
Moderator Meckell

Re: License issue on my profile

Hi, @RASJLLC. You were given the right information from our customer support regarding this situation. In order for your license to be verified on your account for General Contracting jobs, you need to obtain one of these six licenses; Certified Building Contractor, Certified General Contractor, Certified Residential Contractor, Registered Building Contractor, Registered General Contractor, or Registered Residential Contractor. If you have any questions regarding this or want to talk about this further, send me a private message. I'm happy to clarify! 

0 Kudos

Re: License issue on my profile

My license is a specialty trade license C-20 Warm air heating and ventialtion. This is the one and the only license i need to practice my HVAC business in the state of CA. I have no clue what all of these Certifications are you are refering to have to do with state licenses. Its quite simple to find my license information, it is public record on Californias Contractors State License Board webpage. Here is a DIRECT LINK https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/onlineservices/CheckLicenseII/LicenseDetail.aspx?LicNum=1041120 Here you can find our license info, our bonding, workers comp, listed officers, etc etc.

0 Kudos

Can't get my license verified after multiple attempts

I have tried multiple times to get my license verified on my profile, I've done live chat, email, even called in. I've sent copies of my license certificate, I've sent direct links to my state license board web page listing. I don't know what else to do besides just include my license number in my busisness name so my customers can see that I am in fact licensed. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Can't get my license verified after multiple attempts

Hello @FiveStarSvcCo I took a look back at your previous interactions with support. In order for your license to be verified your Thumbtack profile name should completely match the name associated to the license. The License Data Base Result shows a different COMPLETE FULL name which does not match the name on the profile. Unfortunately, this does not fit the requirement and we cannot tag it as valid unless the conditions above were met.

0 Kudos

Re: Can't get my license verified after multiple attempts

You are incorrect, I have tried various versions of my business name while in communication with thumbtack support. As I said in my post, I gave up trying to solve the issue and just placed the license number in my business name since no one would directly help solve the issue or tell me EXACTLY which name to use to solve the issue.
0 Kudos

Re: Soon Customers can find you right away

@Angela    And now as I 'view competition', and 'view all electricians as customer'...I find there are 'handyman' people competing against licensed plumber and electricians!!  I can't believe TT allows this, after the rigorous vetting to provide my licenses, insurance, background check, etc.  In MA, it's illegal to install plumbing or electrical for compensation without a license.   

I can't believe this is being allowed.

Moderator Meckell

@AutumnElectric We expect each professional to determine what licenses are necessary and follow their local, state and federal laws. Of course, if you or any customer find something suspicious, we want to know about it. I see that you and @Kameron are already having a conversation about this, so know that you are being heard. If you have any further questions for him or for me, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to help!

0 Kudos

@Meckell

advising them isn't enough, TT shouldn't let them operate under the color of being a 'professional' when they're clearly not.  When a house gets flooded from shoddy plumbing work, or a fire from inept electrical work, will TT's $1M guarantee pay off....because the homeowner's home insurance sure won't!!

Angela
Level 6

@AutumnElectric  I completely agree with you on that one. As a Life Coach, I find the same issue. TT doesn't bother to vet to make sure the Coach has taken training or schooling of any kind, so anybody can say they're a Coach and send quotes. Bottom line for me is that this could be a great service that helps both the Pro and the potential customer. I really believe TT could fix this, and I hope they do before they lose their Pros.

0 Kudos