Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Mousehelp
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Having the ability to block requests for services I don't provide would greatly reduce the number of unnecessary messages sent to me by Thumbtack.

If I could effectively create a filter on your service that would obviate the need for me to clean my mailbox of unwanted messages.

If you need clarification, please send email to mousehelp@rouzell.com - 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
32 responses
Legionpest
Level 4

Have the option to mark customers that have committed to a service and scheduled an appointment get immediately marked as “hired”. No waiting for 24-48 hrs.
bloodspoint
Level 2

I'd like the ability to be much more granular about the services I offer. "Recording" just doesn't begin to cover it, and "music" or "speech" don't help. I specialize in recording related services, as opposed to general recording. Nearly all of my quote requests are for regular recording, because there's no differentiation on your service. 

Also, when I get a quote that says, "recording", and then says additional services, "mixing/mastering", I still don't have enough information to provide a quote without a dialogue, and I can't do that without sending a quote. 

0 Kudos
drainmaster1
Level 1

Get the categories right, I'm tired of getting a bunch of appliance repair request and I don' provide this service. Get the appliance guys this work!

yopastorearl
Level 5

I'm not sure that profile format is your biggest weakness presently. I would prefer to see you enable syncing with other online calendars and schedulers. As a busy pro, I don't need to have another calendar to keep up to date, yet that is exactly what you are forcing me to do if I want to be competitive and not be charged for quotes that should not be sent because I am already booked (but forgot to update your calendar). 

Of course, I have been suggesting this for a long time to anyone who will listen, but there seems to be nothing on the horizon. When added with the outrageous increase in quote cost, it seems like you are missing the big picture when you set out to make tweaks to pro profiles.

carolkoch
Level 4

I don't want to do repairs, appraisals, or make copies of jewelry. I am an artist that creates by sketching. How can we make that more clear when customers are shopping for a jewelry designer? Also - many requests are now coming from people who live far away from me. I can't believe they'd really be willing to do an expensive gold, diamond, and gemstone project simpy by Email. So I feel like these are not serious inquiries. It's faster to delete them than respond Pass, so I've been doing a lot of that lately. Still I think I offer a unique service and would hope to find a way to connect with the right customers. 

I wish my profile would separate out the super low budget people. I wish my profile would not have any connection to real estate photography. I wish my profile would reach the right people.

0 Kudos

None of this matters to me until you change it so I have the ability to set who is sent quotes from me, or who you send to me needing help. RIght now you send me people from the max range for 25 miles, when the odds of someone driving that long for my service is just not going to happen. I don't need to waste my time, money, or energy reviewing quotes for people that will never happen.

As for the new generic quoting that is happening, it needs to also change. My business doesn't need to look like everyone else. The have things forced down to where everyone is going on price location, and then maybe reviews. Quit thinking you know how to represent my business better than me and let me do the talking.

singforlife
Level 4

Great answer!
0 Kudos
Denise
Level 8

I'd like to be able to fluctuate the distance I will treavel depending on the days of the week. I di 4 gigs every Satueday and 3 or 4 every Sunday. Those gigs all have to be within a 20 mile radius because my calendar is so packed on the weekends. 

On the weekdays, I am willing to travel up to 150 miles for the right gig. Thumbtack does not give me this option to choose gigs according to distance depending on the days of the week.

0 Kudos