Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
Highlighted

Re: Let's talk about your profile

This is something I have been asking for since I joined.  There is only one category listed that I fit under, and it is horribly wrong for my services.  "Pet Sitting".  There are 4 specific categories for dogs - and exactly 1 for cats.  Cat Grooming.  In all my years I have never encountered someone who only does "cat grooming".  Maybe as an addendum for someone who does grooming to indicate they will also work with cats.

I am a cat sitter, with a specialty of medical knowlege of cat issues, and I include cat medication administration in my practise.  Most "pet" sitters are actually dog walkers who consider cats a nuisance add-on that you throw food at and (reluctantly) scoop a litter box.  My clients are people who care for their cats - and want someone who works only with cats, and is attuned to the health of the cat.

Please add an upper level service option for Cat Sitter, Cat Caretaker, Cat Medicator!

1 responses
catmaven
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Hi, CatWomanDiana!

I'd like to network--we're not in competition, I think. My territory is the NW Chicago suburbs. I agree that caretaking cats should be a specialized niche in itself. As a pro pet sitter, I do service cainines and other companion animals, but am hard-wired for cats. They are my speciality, and my niche is cat massage, a hand-muscle relaxant. Veterinary-assistant training is via two colleges so I can adminsiters meds.

I would just like to ask you if you have been getting any work requests from TT. Have not received any CS responses from them, and they used to be frequent. I've had nada since December before X-mas, and it's disheartening.

Membership is with Pet Sitters International, I'm fully bonded/insured, and I am a Certified Professional Pet Sitter thru PSI. What about yourself? Besides medical issues, do you work with cat enrichment or behavior practices, too?

Thanx!

Helene O'Neill, Owner

AZ Pawsitively Pets

"Sitter Services YOUR Way!"

0 Kudos