results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Pearlpacking
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

My business is very specific on Art installation, packing of art and shipping of paintings, sculptures or other items like antiques or very frágil glass windows or mirrors
Since I’m in the category for installations, i get a lot of requests for items such as window repairs or installations of TV sets, nothing related to my specialty
I wish there was a category related ONLY to art services
Hope this helps me
Thank you
Javier Acevedo
Pearl Packing
Portland Oregon
0 Kudos
Aknoppow
Level 1

Please make a separate category outside of just “costumed character” specifically for “princess parties”
0 Kudos
albacora123
Level 2

Hi, 

Every job selection is different on thumbtack, so perhaps this does not apply to everyone. I've seen a HUGE decline in the videography section over the years. So much that Thumbtack in 2015 was 75% of my income, in 2018 it has become about 5%. I am at a point that I don't even use it anymore, I am waiting for big change to come. Higher end customer who were searching for good professionals to come back to Thumbtack, not these low ballers.  Before is was pay per bid, it was affordable, the price just want wayyyyy up for bids. So you guys changed it for the better, (NOT REALLY) now you just pay for the bids that respond to you. However, you have no control of who is a  serious bidder. I paid $40 for a bid once for someone who inquired about my services, I responded promptly, they never answered back. I got charged in full, how is that fair? I called customer services and had to fight with my bank to get a reinbursement because Thumbtack wouldn't do it. I wish things would go back to the way they were, affordable bids for EVERYONE, with customers that are willing to pay for quality.

Have a blessed day everyone!

PMNYC
Level 4

Service area. Big cities need to be handled by zip code. I can't stress this enough. New Jersey may be a stones throw across the river, but it's another state and a $15 bridge fare from NYC. That's just one example. There was one company who understood the zip code necessity for large cities and did it right, even if they did other things a bit oddly: Groupon. If you don't get the zip code issue where service area is concerned, please talk to Groupon.

0 Kudos
Bryn
Level 5

Agree, Richardson.  A lot of pros get one-time jobs, but as a music teacher, I am getting a weekly, ongoing "client".  It would be great if potential students could see that I am full on Wednesdays but have openings on Tuesdays at 3:00 (or whatever).

I also wish the location/travel aspect would change.  Students come to me, but there is still a geographic range where my potential students are likely to come from.  Again, this is a weekly thing, and I really doubt that a student will be willing to drive 25 miles for lessons every week, especially when that 25 miles includes a ferry ride or 15 miles through Seattle rush-hour traffic.  I regularly see requests from students who are just too far away or they are only 5 miles away but live on the other side of a toll bridge or a ravine with no direct route to me.  If I could pick zip codes where viable potential students live, that would make sense.

0 Kudos

I wish I could withdraw quotes I've sent. In order to maximize the amount of jobs I pick up, I have no problem submitting quotes that are for jobs on the same day. Most customers see the quote and never respond anyways, so why not? However, I did once have a situation in which two different clients who had proposals planned for the same day respond to me and I had no choice but to turn down the client who got back to me days later. Nevertheless, I was charged quite a bit of money because the second client responded. This would not have been an issue if I was able to withdraw a quote after being hired by another client that day.

doctorsqueek
Level 4

I have balloon artists, face painters, temporary tattoo artists and magicians.

I need to be able to bid on each type of job, just like tayloring a resume for a specific job.

I used to be able to do this.

Do I need more than one account?

0 Kudos

Two other thoughts:

1. Please let us set up parameters for what we accept as a 'Partial Match'. I'm getting swamped with dozens of partial matches every few days and have to delete each one individually. I do not work outside my state, and 98% of those jobs are out-of-state and useless to me. It's a waste of my time to have to delete them all.

2. Allow us to import zip codes for where we work instead of the by-city list you have now. It would be much easier to input our service area if we could enter zip codes or set a mile range or have an exclusion list.

MimeforHire
Level 2

Hi,

I did not intend to change my user name but somehow that step was manifested by trying to get to this page.

I would love if my Thumbtack app only notifyed me when someone requested a mime. I'm a mime and that's all I do. I have a great time with the process at Gig Salad.

I say this because of daily notifications for things and people I had hoped to not to be catorgorized with on a gig request site/application:

Own Bounce Houses, Magician, Disney Princess, Disney Characters, Spiderman, Minney or Mickey Mouse, Batman, Cigar Roller, Belly Dancer, Impersonator; Musician, Political Figure, Juggler, Singer, etc.

0 Kudos
Joe3
Level 4

I’d like to be able to set counties and states, rather than justvrafius, as my professional licensing is a state license.
0 Kudos