Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Bmaring1
Level 5

Re: Not an exact match leads

The only name I have is Stephen R. I’m kind of suspicious on this lead to be honest. The request has no indication that it is different from my service what so ever.
0 Kudos
9 responses
Moderator Meckell

@Bmaring1 it looks like Stephen was looking for the job to be done within the week. In your preferences you have it marked that you need a full seven days before doing the job and that's why it's not an exact match. 

0 Kudos
Bmaring1
Level 5

I see that. I think customers might be confused with scheduling. Is it possible that they are selecting a date for the work to be done by mistake, thinking they are scheduling a time for an on site quote?
0 Kudos
Bmaring1
Level 5

I have a another lead who simple has a question before actually moving forward with a quote. The cost is $75.00. I want to answer her but I don’t want to pay that due to the fact that if the answers isn’t what she is looking for, she will look for another service to be done in its place, outside of my promoted service. How can I avoid paying $75 to answer her question?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Bmaring1 when customers are answering questions about their project, it's pretty explanatory that they're requesting the job itself. If you have any feedback or suggestions on this, we'd love if you could share that here. 

As far as what you're paying for, you pay us to get you connected with a potential customer. From there, it's up to you to really sell yourself and seal the deal. If you're wanting to reach out and respond to this customer, you will be charged. 

0 Kudos
Bmaring1
Level 5

That’s pretty subjective IMO. In my line of work, there are certain wood flooring products like engineered floors that absolutely cannot be sanded, and customers don’t know if the floor they have can be sanded or not. If I go and look at a floor that cannot be sanded and refinished then they obviously won’t hire me to do the work. So I’ve had many leads that I’ve paid for have this exact same issue and I’d have to tell them they need to replace the floor. I don’t promote replacing floors so I don’t really offer that service. Yet I’ve paid the money to thumbtack to effectively not get get the job by default. That’s where I have an issue. It’s not that they didn’t hire me because they didn’t like my prices, but that they need someone out side of the Refinishing service to complete the job.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Bmaring1 if the job details change and it ends up being a job that you don't offer, we will definitely refund for that. Just reach out to us with the name of the customer and more details of the situation and we'll get you taken care of! 

0 Kudos
Bmaring1
Level 5

Not an exact match leads

Is anyone getting leads for your service that says something to the effect of “this is not an exact match” yet it’s exactly the service you promote, even down to the lead title? I promote hardwood floor Refinishing, I got a lead that asked for hardwood floor refinish and when I went to quote it, it said “read this request carefully as it’s not an exact match. Then the lead cost me 65.00. Anyone else having this happen?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Bmaring1 it's likely that while it was in the correct category that you offer, the other details of the job may not have been an exact match to your preferences for that category or even your availability. If you'd like I can take a closer look to be sure. I'll just need a direct message from you with the customer's name.

0 Kudos
JimInDallas
Level 6

I've gotten a few that while stated it wasn't an exact match, they happened to be a perfect match.  In my experience that "Not a Perfect Match" for me is I'm already booked at that time.  I take a look at all my leads now just to be sure.  I don't know that the system always syncs with my calendar correctly.

0 Kudos