results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
revbrian
Level 8

Reached my weekly limit. Really?

Solved! Jump to solution

I just got a message from TT saying that I have reached my weekly limit for Instant Match.

I have screen shots of the two quotes on the page that says I reached my Instant Match limit. 

So I look at the two quotes that I am supposed to have replied to and can't actualy find any proof that I replied to them. In fact, both are archived as I usually do when I say no to an inquiry.

I have screen shots showing that the "Are you free on my date?" canned response in both of them is the last communication from both the potential clients and nothing from me back to them.

I am 100% certain that for one of them I have passed on it because I am away on vacation that day and the other one is for a date too far away for me to be actually booking for it yet. No response from me is shown on either the client quote page or on the timeline.

Has anyone else had this?

Perhaps there is a need to set my budget to zero and look to see why I was charged?

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: How to turn Instant Match off?

Solved! Jump to solution

@revbrian pausing does indeed turn Instant Match off. We won't quote on your behalf until it's turned on. All of your preferences will stay saved in case you do decide to try it again in the future. 

9 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Reached my weekly limit. Really?

Solved! Jump to solution

@revbrian it appears that through Instant Match you hit your weekly budget limit of $30. With Instant Match on the limit isn't set by you responding to the customers, it's set by the number of customers responding to your Instant Match quote, and initiating conversation. On your weekly budget page, it states that the amount you set will get you about 1-2 contacts for the week. To keep up with your weekly spending check out your payments page here: https://www.thumbtack.com/profile/payments/

Now that it's Monday your weekly budget has reset and you're Instant Match will continue to send out quotes for the week. 

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron - Several other moderators here (i.e. Meckell) and as far as I recall, the T&C documents for Thumbtack do not say that we pay for the initial canned response i.e. "Are you available on my date?" that we get from potential clients, but only pay if WE (the Pro's) respond to them with anything other than us indicating that we are NOT going to take up the inquiry.

If this is not now the case, when (what date) did this change and where is this in writing?

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

How to turn Instant Match off?

Solved! Jump to solution

The title says it all.

I've had it with not being able to control what I pay. 

A potential client sending me a comment like "Are you available on my date" and then never responding to me ever again is not worth spending a single cent.

All I am paying for is to get ghosted so forget it.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@revbrian ever since we moved away from paying per quote to paying for contacts this is how it's been. I'm sorry to hear that you feel you were given information that differs. Anytime a customer sends that first response to your quote is when you'll be charged. This is the same whether Instant Match is on or off. With Instant Match on your quote will be sent out automatically based on your preferences, any customer response will then show up in your inbox. With Instant Match off you'll pick jobs to quote on through your "Requests" page, and then again any customer response will show up in your inbox. The way your quote goes out is all that changes. You can view this page and video for more about what paying for contacts means: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/pay-for-contacts.

If you'd still like to pause Instant Match you can do so by visiting your services page here: https://www.thumbtack.com/services/. Click on your Wedding Officiant service, then where you see "Instant Match is on" to the right you'll see "Pause" in blue. Go ahead and click on pause and answer a few questions about why to finalize pausing it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
revbrian
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

"With Instant Match off you'll pick jobs to quote on through your "Requests" page, and then again any customer response will show up in your inbox."

YES YES YES.

This is how I want it to be.

Please answer my question about how to turn instant match off. Not paused but 100% off.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@revbrian pausing does indeed turn Instant Match off. We won't quote on your behalf until it's turned on. All of your preferences will stay saved in case you do decide to try it again in the future. 

Fencing
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

then why instant match put me 120 miles away when i put in 35 miles radious? and my instat match is off at this time......cannot stand it!!!

such of anfair idea.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm happy you reached out @Fencing! We have done away with Instant Match, and have evolved it to promote to better fit our new system. After looking at your account I'm seeing that promote is paused, so you'll be quoting on jobs from the jobs tab. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

As far getting requests outside of your area, I want to see what's going on and get you taken care of. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer in which was 120 miles away?

0 Kudos
Marv
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes happen to me and I had credit and because that message kept popping up I missed the job
0 Kudos