Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
jaysonp2
Level 4

Screenshots show thumbtack is showing a lower number of pros contacted to sell more leads?

I had a client contact 4 pros including myself and 3 of us responded in under 20 minutes. The same exact job was listed under the available jobs section with 1 pro contacted and zero pros responding hours later.  The client was also positive she only entered the job request once. 

This is highly disturbing because it look like Thumbtack is providing pros with inaccurate information to make more money.  

How do we know the information Thumbtack provides is is accurate and not altered so they can make more money from our bids?

20190420_175149.jpgJob Insights showing how many pros contacted   20190420_175113.jpgSame job hours later showing no pros responding

Occupations (1)
States
5 responses
MR
Level 11

Re: Screenshots show thumbtack is showing a lower number of pros contacted to sell more leads?

I am definitely interested in reading a response from TT on this more than we will take it back
Furthermore, in the last few months it seems like hundreds of issues have been "taken back". Is there any way we can see what issues are getting priority? Many other large systems like chrome and chromeOS post their priority list for all to see. Not all issues make it to production but the visibility is very helpful for users. And those systems do not rely on paying users like TT does. For another system I use and pay for. I asked for this same list of which they sent to me within hours. TT would do well by providing a little transparency like their peers.
Oh and the monthly updates are not what I am talking about as those are more of a release note that should have always been done and should be done more than it is today
Lar
Level 10

Re: Screenshots show thumbtack is showing a lower number of pros contacted to sell more leads?

Hi @jaysonp2 said ... How do we know the information Thumbtack provides is is accurate and not altered so they can make more money from our bids?

You don't. You have to trust Thumbtack that they would deceive their Pros in that manner.

Speculating. Perhaps the values for 'Pros contacted' and 'Pros responded' in the Jobs tab aren't being updated in realtime and they are the values for 'Pros contacted' and 'Pros responded' at the time the job was added to the Jobs tab?

In your example when the job was originally added to the Jobs tab perhaps at that moment in time only 1 Pro had been contacted and 0 Pro's had responded. If the system isn't updating those values in realtime either when the job poster contacts other Pros or when Pros respond to the job poster then the values for that job in the jobs tab will always show "1 Pro contacted" and "0 Pros responded".

I can't test this myself because I'm not receiving any jobs in my Jobs tab at all.

If anyone wanted to test this then locate a job in your jobs tab that is showing only 1 or 2 Pros contacted and is also relatively old (i.e. 5 hours or more). Send a quote to that job poster and then immediately open the quote and select 'View Competition'. Count the total number of 'Pros contacted' and the total number of 'Pros responded'. Compare those totals to the totals that were shown in the jobs tab moments before. Do that for a few jobs.

If there are obvius discrepencies between the totals then that's cause for serious concern. If the totals are the same then I think @jaysonp2's original problem may just be an inconvenient glitch.

Regards,
Laurence

@jaysonp2 It seems to me that the customer may have updated some details of their project. When that happens it creates a new job and you can see that in the Jobs tab. Just to be sure though, I'm happy to look into this further! I'm seeing two different customer names on the screenshot you provided, can you verify which customer you're referring to? Once I get that, I'll dig into this and get you some answers. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Meckell Please let us all know what you find- so many of these issue are of concern to all of us and not just one user.

Also, regarding your comment "it seems to me that the customer may have updated some details of their project. When that happens it creates a new job and you can see that in the Jobs tab." If a pro sends a bid into the new (aka revised) job in the jobs tab, does he get charged again? 

I sure hope not.

0 Kudos

@MR I'll be sure to keep you updated on this. No, the pro should not be charged again if they're contacted twice by the customer. If they are, they just need to reach out to us and we'll get them taken care of.

0 Kudos