Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Hankster
Level 10

Suggestion

When a lead hires you on Thumbtack & the request is marked as hired my suggestion is that the calendar be automatically blocked off instead of me having to do that. Seems simple enough to me. Hopefully this can be on target for one of the next monthly updates. Hopefully before the year is  out this can be implemented. 

The reason for this suggestion? I was hired by a TT lead who is now my customer a few weeks ago. Her date is for Nov. 2nd. I had thought I blocked off that date on my calendar. I'm very conscious about blocking dates off whether I'm hired for an event or if it's for personal reasons. Just this past week I received a lead on Promote. Event date November 2nd. I know I had a Nov. 2nd job already scheduled. Checked my calendar & found that I in fact I did not have that date blocked off. I made a mistake. I'm human. It happens. So of course, whether I accepted or declined the lead I still would be charged. Yes, I understand how Promote works. I don’t need a link reminder. Thank you. Anyway, I pleaded my case to get reimbursed but was denied because that was the decision, it was final & I already received a courtesy refund a few weeks ago. Not sure what that would have to do with this situation.

Hankster 6/15/19

8 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Suggestion

@Hankster 

I know the feeling. I've had discussions with @Meckell about calendar issues a few months ago. When they updated the calendar feature, that's when my issues began. I'm still having blocked dates turning back to available dates for some reason. Other platforms, I don't have an issue, even with my own personal calendar on my laptop. Why calendar issues continues with Thumbtack? I still believe that it's a software problem, especially since all of the Promote changes, regardless of what Thumbtack reps tells me.

If they want us to use Promote, this change along with many other changes, should have been looked into and got our input before implementation. Maybe someone at Thumbtack can look into this calendar issue?

DJ Stevie 6-16-2019

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie that's definitely something we'd need to look into with your account specifically. When you've had blocked dates go back to available have you reach out to us or support with examples? Do you know the last time that this happened or have examples that you could share with me now? If not, be sure to let us know the next time this happens.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I haven't used the calendar in a few weeks, no quality "leads" in inbox to follow up with.

As for contacting support, I know that I've been given phone numbers in the past, but I really want to speak with someone in the California or Utah offices. Last time I spoke with an overseas rep, they gave me the wrong information when I asked about conversation starters.(provided me a list of about 20 different conversation starters)

DJ Stevie 6-18-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Hankster thank you for this suggestion! I will mention that this currently does happen when a customer uses the booking request feature. When booking a pro, the customer can see the dates and times synced with the pro’s calendar. 
The pro can accept or decline, and if they accept, their calendar will be updated automatically. With that said, I know the booking feature is less frequently used so your suggestion to link the calendar in more depth for anytime you land a job is certainly reasonable. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Let me clarify one other point @Kameron that I see I left out. Whether the lead marks me as hired or I mark myself as hired if the lead, who is now my customer, forgets to do that the date on the calendar the event is scheduled for gets automatically blocked off.

It would be nice if the lead would use the booking feature but I've only had one customer use it during the time the calendar/booking feature has been in play.
DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster 

I haven't had a "customer" use the booking system yet. I've been using it. A few customers recenlty that I had to DJ for, told me that they had no idea of such a system.

@Kameron, do "customers" know of the booking system?

DJ Stevie 6-18-2019.

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

Hi Kameron,

I don’t know much about how google or iCal works or if this is even possible but it would be great if TT could have a way to add two buttons to our g or I cals that would allow us to click it and it would automatically update the TT calendar system as unavailable . One button would block the whole day and the other would pop up to allow to block certain hours of the day.
Moderator Kameron

@mm definitely one popular piece of feedback that I've heard as far as syncing with other outside calendars. I'll make sure to add your name and feedback for this.