Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged

Suspend my account

I've got enough jobs to last me until the beginning of the year, thanks to Thumbtack. I just recieved another order this morning for 9 quilted throws from a previous customer who was happy with my work on her 3 quilts I did for her in March. My dilemma is that I'd like to turn off my account until the first of the year but still be able to communicate with the customers who have hired me that I still need to work for. Is there a way to do that? I know I can deactivate my account but then I can't communicate with my customers that I still need to work with. Having to constantly stop to Pass on new requests lowers my productivity but I still want to keep my Top Pro status that I have now because I've worked hard to get it. Being booked to my eyeballs is a great problem to have, right? 90% of the jobs I've booked have been through TT sew thanks a bunch!

Occupations (1)
States
9 responses
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Suspend my account

Hi @QuilterinIowa! This is SO AMAZING!

You don't need to do anything to your account - As long as you aren't sending quotes out you won't have anything to respond to. Your response rate is only based on your response to customers who have messaged you. 

If you suspend your account, you won't have access to the projects that are in the works, so I wouldn't recommend that! 

0 Kudos

But I'm sure I was told that to retain the Top Pro status, you have to respond to requests for quotes at least 75% of the time within a certain period of time, which right now I cannot remember. Isn't there a requirement for responding to requests in a timely manner to keep your Top Pro status?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@QuilterinIowa It doesn't matter what "Requests" come in - Your response rate is based on contacts from customers. If you've never sent a quote, that won't count. Hope this makes sense.

Daniel_O
Level 7

If that were the case, it would be ridiculously expensive for me to respond to 75% of all requests. I probably reply to less than 10% of all requests that I see. How many requests you get is also a function of how your job services preferences are set.

As DustiO said, you only need to reply within 24 hours if you send a quote, and then that new customer messages you.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O
Level 7

You don't need to actually pass on new requests - I just ignore them when I'm busy. They'll eventually time out, with no effect on you.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Daniel_O Thank you for this response!

team-shining
Level 4

Just want to say that I'm agree with Daniel_O!  Smiley Happy

Daniel_O
Level 7

Also @QuilterinIowa, I took a quick look at your profile and the photos of your quilts, and wow, some of your work is really impressive. 

Well-done!!!!!! I am confused about one thing though - you don't collect contact info from your clients? You don't do any customer relationship management with them outside of Thumbtack? It would almost certainly increase your business even further.