Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
mm
Level 6

Re: Tracking Our off Platform Communications

So what happens if they call and ultimately say “no thanks” on the fist call? Would that not be treated like a quick reply or chat response? How will your verify?
0 Kudos
Pat
Level 6

@ Merckel

What YOU say about the phone calls and text messages doesn't sound that bad. Unfornately that isn't what the terms say nor imply. You are asking us to trust YOU, over what Thumbtack has written. That would be quite the leap of faith. I suppose if your business is based solely on Thumbtack, it wouldn't be that great an issue. What is to say that you won't sell the infomation you mine from our accounts to a third party? Your terms don't say you won't sell it.

What information are you scooping up about my clients? I have as great an obligation to them as I do to safeguard my own privacy, maybe more so. Does the client give thier permission for this little peek under the covers, or by accepting am I giving up thier privacy by default?

One word passes between me and a client, either way, and you snag your share. Heck, You already charge a new fee if a customer contacts us with a second job through your format. Just recently had it happen. So you are certainly getting you money.

Please enlighten me.

Moderator Meckell

Thanks for reaching out @Pat. It is not Thumbtack's business to sell your data to third parties. Make sure you check out our privacy policy’s section entitled When Thumbtack Discloses Your Information to understand exactly how and when we may share data with third parties. As the privacy policy further notes, we generally seek contractual assurances from our third-party service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services and products available from Thumbtack.

As for clients you find on Thumbtack, you are not giving up anyone else's rights by using Thumbtack. Any clients who use Thumbtack have already individually agreed to Thumbtack’s terms by the time they connect with you.

0 Kudos
Design4life
Level 6

Your words:

As the privacy policy further notes, we generally seek contractual assurances

The word “generally” is your loophole. That is a very broad term.
Pat
Level 6

Tracking e-mail and text messages

Service Members understand and agree that they are customers of Thumbtack, and are not Thumbtack employees, joint venturers, partners, or agents.

That said, you have absolutely no reason to track, copy, or read any correspondance transmitted by either myself and any prospective client, either by e-mail or text messages, outside the Thumbtack format. You have not show yourselves as being even the least bit trustworthy, upfront, nor transparent in your actions. 

At this time I do not grant permission.

Patrick Harvey

G & P Home Solutions

bonnie_bill
Level 8

Re: Tracking e-mail and text messages

TT is forcing us out. I can no longer access to our dashboard.  I plan on calling customer service and have our account temporarily suspended since I can not gain any access to anything other than the "community".

Moderator Meckell

@bonnie_bill you just need to accept our updated Terms of Use and then you'll be able to see your account as normal. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos
techlabpgp
Level 4

That's the whole point - you (including all moderators) say in this post "without giving permission to do so." By accepting the terms of service, you give permission to do so - that's why companies make you accept terms.

"If you send text messages with a Customer Member or Service Member using the telephone number for that Member available on the Platform, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of Fees, to enforce these Terms, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, Thumbtack and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message."

If that's not your intent and you only use the masking number thing then your lawyers need to update this to reflect that. 

Design4life
Level 6

I think they have been tracking communications with or without our permission to begin with. This is why I believe that.
I was told on the phone by a thumbtack representative that people were texting clients phone numbers when provided and trying to get out of paying the fee.
So how would they have even known that there were some pros doing that had they not already been tracking their communications?
Highlighted
bonnie_bill
Level 8

@Meckell,

That is the problem. There have been so many changes that we do not know what we are accepting? I have mentioned to you in a DM that we are taking a totally inclusive assignment for the first quarter of 2019 and will not be participating in any marketing functions. Being responsible we do not know what to do to accommodate customers that may want to inquire about our services while we are not available? Can you advise?