Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Travel preferences

Hey admin why am I receiving jobs from 100 miles away give or take. My travel preferences have not changed so don't tell me to adjust my profile like you have in the past. It's something on y'all's end not mine
Occupations (1)
States
31 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Travel preferences

@Bateshandyman 

If we have Promote on pause, we are going to see more jobs that are up to 150 miles away. @Kameron explained that to me the other day because with Promote on pause, they have no way to tell what kind of jobs we want.

I thought if we filled out preferences, that should work for use of Promote or not.

Moderator Meckell

@Bateshandyman Because your preferences aren't set, we don’t know exactly what you want and the job requests may not be perfect. If you want to get more of the jobs you always want, you can promote your business and tell us your job preferences. When you promote your business, you set specific preferences about the type of job, geography, and availability.

0 Kudos

Why now does it not know my travel preferences?For the past year it never had a problem, this sounds like a lame excuse to push us to use the promote feature that I and many other pros it seems absolutely hate. It's a terrible feature on our end and costs us way too much money while TT makes more money off of us. Go ahead and delete this too like you all do any negative post about this or any other negative feedback.
Moderator Kameron

@Bateshandyman any pros who are not promoting will have the choice to opt-in on a lead or quote on a job they choose from the Jobs tab. Can you elaborate as to why you dislike the idea of promoting for you specifically, or why you feel it will cost you more money even with a 20% discount?

0 Kudos

Because if a customer chooses 7 people that's like gambleing $40 or $50 with at best 7 to 1 odds of getting the job, and that's if they're even serious about getting the work done. We don't have a choice if we want to gamble all they have to do is click on our name and we are charged. That's just not a good feature for us. Yes it is great for y'all because every time someone clicks on a pro y'all collect, and collect well. The lead price have more than tripled in a year's time. I'm a small sole proprietor and even a $25 gamble hurts if I don't get the job so I am very selective on the leads I choose to reply to. I've had a great hire rate choosing my own leads, as opposed to when I had my promote active. I near went broke with it on. For what? To get ghosted 90% of the time . You can't be so naive as to not see that

Also that still don't answer why all of the sudden you guys don't know our travel preferences without the promote feature on. Any blind man can see that's an underhanded tactic to get us to use the promote feature. If it's not explain to like I'm 2 years why it's changed to hurt us and benefit TT.
DJStevie
Level 12

@Bateshandyman 

I mentioned something like that yesterday.  Why can't the preferences be used for both when Promote is on or off? They have the capability.

ScottK
Level 5

Hi Bateshandyman, I just got off the phone with TT. They have not forgotten our preferences. This is a direct play to force us to promote so they can send us more crap leads that never respond. It's just as bad as the direct messages from "customers" that for me are just shy of 100% NEVER RESPOND RATE! The only way we get to receive leads from our chosen areas is if we promote is what I was told today. I'm in Birmingham AL and getting leads from Atlanta, GA. This is ridiculous! 

and as far as the customer reaching out to us makes it more likely that were hired I'm sorry I completely disagree with that you know how many people are on this app and click on a button and ask a question and then we get charged 25 or $30 and we never hear from them again. I get more jobs bidding them that I did through the promote feature. That's all there is to it you're not going to convince me that this is a great feature I'm not naive and I'm not stupid