Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
jcp
Community Veteran

Re: Updates to Insights

No it doesn’t show anything in “view completion” but my picture and 5 stars and the text “no other pros contacted yet”. There is NO list of the others that quoted - NO other information at all. Just me. No timeline - no summary - no status - nothing. And with instant match I am sure 10 others quoted. Its the same on the last several quotes I sent. What do I want to see ? All of it - everything we saw before. Once I quote a request I always go to see where I am in the line up and all the other important info. Info used to conduct and measure my business. All if it is missing now. Can you explain ? You are saying it’s there and it is not - as another here mentioned they don’t have that info either.
AutumnElectric
Active Community Member

What's missing, is that we can't see if anyone else quoted, but us, until the client contacts someone.
The price range of quotes has been replaced by a bar graph.
0 Kudos
p19581
Active Community Member

My impression of the update is that TT got tired of the complaints about how many quotes are allowed on a job so they just stopped showing the number of pros quoting. This has been the "year of bad decisions" at TT.

VAMarketingGuy
Active Community Member

Kudos p19581! I've been waiting for someone to bring up this point again. What's even more troubling/frustrating is the number of job requests that end up never indicating anyone as hire - even when several ONLINE Pros have been indicated as contacted.

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

Insights were one of the only thing TT was doing right for pros. Frankly, I was shocked when they started adding it to every bid page, because it was so helpful. Honestly, I was shocked that they actually seemed to do something for our benefit, because that had never happened before. Now it's been killed. The new version is worthless. The old one was perfect. Please put it back the way it was!

Apparently the idea behind it was to see how we compared pricewise, but now TT is back to hiding info about pricing - again trying to force us down lower and lower in our bids. Major backfire because look at this ticked-off request from a frustrated user who can't get a straight bid!TT_Request_Pissed_At_Lowballers.jpeg

jcp
Community Veteran

Thank you others pros here agreeing with me. After 4 years on TT only the last three months have I ever posted on a board here. I love reading other true professionals insights and I have personally reached out to many of you around the states. Appreciate that! Hang in there fellow Pros - never give up - just keep moving forward.
jcp
Community Veteran

Yesterday I sent customer service a email as to why Insights were changed and information taken away from us that was helpful. Here was the response:

“Thank you for sharing your feedback on the new "view competition" tab with us.
We have recently launched this update in the interface and I understand that you much prefer the older "view insights" one. Be assured that the changes/updates we make are set in place to maximize the use of our tools and features and help you grow your business” Dorothy
The Thumbtack Support Team

MY Response:

How is Taking Away information that is helpful such as knowing who else quoted, how fast, where you are in the 15 slot line up so you can track how often you come in as number 9 or 14, where you are in range of quoting, seeing the stage of who’s been contacted .......

how is TAKING AWAY - REMOVING INFORMATION and stats Maximizing my business?

Can you explain that? Please explain to us Pros because I can not believe that pros have overwhelming complained about TT providing insights and timeline so it was removed. Still keeping my fingers crossed I book someone. September was my worst month in 4 years with TT. Thank goodness I have other means that provide me with success. Look forward to your response.
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

Exactly! I grossed $30k combined from June, July, Aug, and then grossed only $3 in sept, as a direct result of TT taking valuable client info away from us. I'm glad you have a backup source of income. I'm supporting myself and TT is my sole source of leads. I sat dead in Jan, Feb, March and half of April. Finally did a normal month is May, and figured out how to work within the new system, and flew up for June, July, Aug. Now I got clobbered in Sept. $3k does not cover my my monthly living expenses.

AutumnElectric
Active Community Member

that still sucks.  put it back the way it was, we could see the competition, how they were rated, the number of reviews they had, the time they replied in.

jcp
Community Veteran

Since TT has our email address - why do we have to contact TT to find out about changes.  Why does TT not send out notices to all of us to let us know about changes.  To find out randomly that prices are tripled and that that TT changed the amount of pros that increased to 15 and to most recently -  taking away the insights . . . . .    TT never sent out notifications on these changes.  Why is it that I have to suddenly notice that the Insights changed - all the relative information suddenly gone.  When making dramatic changes to a services that people have been using for some time - and have been successful using the service - it seems only fair that Thumbtack lets us know about any changes.  I had to call TT because I thought something was wrong with my app only to find out that Insights and Timeline was all removed on purpose.