Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
VAMarketingGuy
Active Community Member

Re: Updates to Insights

Very valid point but I'm afraid you are preaching to the choir.  I cannot not tell you how many times over the past four years that I have continually suggested that they develop a coherent commnunications strategy to better inform the ONLINE Pros about changes in policy, functionality, et al - and it has repeatedly fallen on deaf ears.

Think about, you have a forum like this that is a perfect platform the collecting feedback on proposed changes to policy or enhancements (and I use that word VERY lightly because I could probably count on one hand the number of actual "enhancements" as opposed to unwanted changes). Send out a scheduled html email containing relavent content, include a link to a new discussion thread for each specified change(s) as well as solicite feedback from ONLINE Pros concerning how they feel about certain platform elements, etc....???

Well, that would be too easy. Is it simply just poor management starting from the top on down, or is there something else in play where they simply do not care about the people that are actually paying for this platform? All things considered after all this time, I'd have to go with the latter.

Moderator Meckell

@VAMarketingGuy we have conversations with pros quite often to receive their feedback and listen to their ideas. A lot of changes and updates we make are based on pro feedback. When we make updates (such as this one) it's not always final and we're open to trying new things. We truly value the suggestions we get from all professionals! With that being said, I want to hear you out and hear what suggestions you have. What do you want to see in the view competition competition feature? What's missing? 

0 Kudos
VAMarketingGuy
Active Community Member

Wow, really? "What do you want to see in the view competition competition feature? What's missing?"

How about what I've already stated in the post you replied to??? How about the more than two dozen posts regarding re-implementing the features that we use to have with INSIGHTS??? Read the posts. I have yet to see any replies as to why this functionality/data was removed???

Why don't we start with that? Please reply, so that everyone can see what it is you have to say why this INISIGHTS functionality was taken away... we're waiting.

VAMarketingGuy
Active Community Member

It's been two (2) weeks now and I am still waiting for a reply???

mm
Active Community Member

Insights from within the quote was very helpful. Please bring back the previous format.
Moderator Meckell

@mm check out my response to @jcp about this same topic here. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
jcp
Community Veteran

Meckell - you are not answering @mm question or mine or other pros here.  They are telling you they want the full insights back because it helps them.  It seems you and TT are avoiding saying specifically "Hello Pros - we made a change - now TT will only show you full insight information on the other pros quotes on a request IF a customer contacts them.  You will never see all the stats you saw before like the scale, the timeline, the qutoe range, etc.  We at TT took that information away and are now limiting what you see and this is will help your business grow" . . . . .     "But we are giving you a weekly - monthly report to show you stats of what you personally quoted for the month and how many contacts you got."   . . . . 

DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

Re: Updates to Insights - why they were removed

They won't put it back because it gives us too much control. I was beyond shocked when it was initially instituted because it gave us a lot of decision-making power that enabled us to make informed decisions NOT to bid or follow up. That means less money for TT. The more they keep a pro in the dark, the more the pro is forced to bid out of desperation, on everything, because they can't tell the good from the bad. The less info we have, the more we'll bid and the more money they'll make.

Insights told me exactly who to follow up with and who was a waste of time. Without it, we're far more likely to tickle the goon into responding and triggering a fee for us. With the insights, we can see the goons and avoid them - just swiping them off to the archives so we don't awaken them and trigger a response.

That's also why they took away budgets! Unfortunately for TT, that was the last straw. With no info at all, a massive amount of pros stopped bidding and TT was hit in the wallet. I know that I booked NOTHING in the weeks that budget info was gone! And I was coming off 3 record high months in a row! (been here 4.5 yrs) They removed budget and for weeks I booked nothing. They just put budgets back and again I am now booking jobs.

jcp
Community Veteran

Jason ~ I am still waiting to for a resposne as to why Thumbtack removed all the insight informaiton.  Your post talks about how you want to help us understand our business better by giving us stats how we compare in the marketplace.  Hey - that is a great weekly tool to have.  But why is TT taking all the information we we get on each request we quoted?  TT took information away.  I had to contact custmer support to find out more only to learn that now we only get all that information in the insights  ONLY if the customer happens to contact any of us.  Then we get to see only the persons information they contacted.  That does not make sense one bit.  I remember when the "insights" came out and how TT boasted how great it is for us to see all that information and how it would help us with our business.  True.  True.  All business need to track information like this to maintain a presence in the marketplace.  But now TT has taken it away.  TT doesn't want us to have full disclosure to that information.  Just explain why and I would appreciate that.

Another note - - why are you posting "Updates to Insights" in the communtiy feed and not a mass mailer to all of TT pros?  I am learning about changes only AFTER they happen.  I learned of this current change because I saw the change immediatly when I quoted someone.  I actually contacted support because I thought there was something wrong with my app.  I even rebooted my phone.  There was never a email notifier to make me aware another change was coming.  Making an annoucement on a change that people use to gain knowledge in a community board post seems a little deceptive.  Just saying . . . .    

AutumnElectric
Active Community Member

JCP, on point, exactly.