Highlighted

Potentially Fictitious Gig Notifications

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Since I submitted  my service as a giging musician I occasionally recieve email notifications asking me to respond to somone who is supposedly requesting a musician.   I take issue with Thumbtack on two aspects.  1) Thumbtack asking me to agree to being charged regardless of receiving the actual gig.   2). Now as of April, 2020 I am still receiving these supposed gig offers even though the world is in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic.   I seriously doubt anyone is having social gatherings for weddings, anniversaries, etc.. during this global crisis.   I suspect the gig offers are fictitious and most likely auto-generated by Thumbtack.   If so, Shame on Thumbtack.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Potentially Fictitious Gig Notifications

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi there @Wrm62262. Thumbtack does not auto-generate any fake leads. If you ever see anything suspicious going on, please report it and someone from our team can look into it. 
It looks like you don't have your targeting preferences set, which means you aren't getting any direct leads. Those notifications that you're referring to are for jobs in the Opportunities tab. If you go to the opportunities tab and scroll down to the bottom you'll see that you have the advanced setting turned on that says, suggest jobs related to my services. That is why you're seeing jobs outside of the service you offer. 

The Community is great for pros to connect with one another, share ideas, and share resources to be successful business owners. If you ever have questions specific to your Thumbtack account, contacting our customer support team will be the best way to get a resolution.

0 Likes