results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
revbrian
Level 8

A positive suggestion... Yes, really!

Not a whine.

I do not want to pay for a "lead" that has no intention of booking anyone. 

One way I usually find out if a lead is serious, is to check the date AND TIME for the service to be delivered. 

If they have not provided either, then they don't know or are too early in the process, or are not serious about booking anyone and are "just looking for pricing" information.

How about we provide them with a "pricing information" option that when they just want to know how much it will be, we don't have to pay for that exchange with the client? If they want to take it further and considering I am now paying between 10% to 20% of the gross price (not the profit) from each contact, then and only then do we get to pay for the contact.

Also, lets make it mandatory for date AND TIME to be provided on all leads.

Occupations (1)
States
10 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: A positive suggestion... Yes, really!

Thanks for the suggestion @revbrian, keep the feedback coming! 

0 Kudos
SunsetPhoto
Level 5

I understand we get charge if a client contacts the professional through Instant Match and actually Instant Match has helped me get more clients... I am not against Instant Match, but I have had numerous clients contact me one time and asked if I was available... After that contact they don't respond or hire the other 7 photographers they contacted... Is there a way to look at when we get charged for a contact... A contact is someone that actually is looking to hire a professional not someone who will contact 8 professionals and then not hire any professionals... Also, I second knowing how much each instant match quote that has been sent will cost us if the client contacts us... Lastly, is there a way with Instant Match and our quote to include photos? After every instant match that I want to try and go after I attach photos with them... It would be easier and save me a step if I could include photos with my quote...

Thank you for reading my comments and look forward to hearing from you...

Chris

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

@SunsetPhoto - "A contact is someone that actually is looking to hire ..."

This is something I know was an issue before instant match. I used to choose who to send a quote to and perhaps 50% would never respond, no matter what I included or how many times I sent a message to them or how much of the classic marketing guff I used; "Special offer", "This week only", you know the stuff. I have a library of "responses" I used to send to potential clients in Thumbtack if they didn't respond to my quotes quickly.

I have been a TT Pro since 2008 when it started - that's an entire decade and it didn't take long for me to realize the pattern that you get with a "lookie-loo" on here. These were never ever going to respond. These people are everywhere.

With instant match, it's just that we as pros now have to pay (in my case) three times what I paid before to find all that out. I don't think that these people are ever going away, unless THEY ALSO HAVE TO PAY to send a request for a quote - and that's just too unrealistic the way things are.

I also think that the instant match process is far too inflexible - see my other comments - of which I have made many.

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Thanks, @revbrian!

Also wanted to mention that we've been investing more resources in putting the average price of a job upfront, so that a customer doesn't have to submit a request in order to price shop.  We heard from you all how frustrating it is to get requests from customers who are just kicking the tires.  So, by telling customers ahead of time what a project tends to cost, we hope that customers only submit a request when they're ready to take the next step.

Also, part of the value of Instant Match is that it gives customers your pricing information upfront / for free.  Then, you only pay when the customer contacts you back, indicating that they're ready to hire or learn more.

In fact, we created Instant Match to address the exact issue you're describing! Have you given it a try?

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

Yes. In fact an instant match request came in this afternoon set for the wrong price. Where do we as pros get to see what the client sees as far as what average prices are? I price at three distinct levels, TT only allows one price? Really? So very unhelpful.

Why do we also not know what the price of a reqply to a quote request is? Very bad of you guys. That one thing needs fixing as a top priority.

Your system is currently broken and should have been left as it was before instant match. At least we as pros had a decent manageable system back then but now it's almost unusable.

Except your budget range options have virtually nothing to do with the real cost of photography jobs. The average cost of wedding photography nationwide is $3500. You don't even have a category that goes that high! "More than $2000" ridiculous! How much more? That could mean a $2500 budget or a $25000 budget! You offer a $250 budget option!!! Professional photographers are NOT doing weddings for $250.

revbrian
Level 8

@DefiningImagery there is more to wedding work than photography, you know?

0 Kudos

@revbrian yes, there is. My numbers were specifically referring to wedding photography pricing. Smiley Happy

cranichik
Level 8

Yes, I completely agree! I am a pet sitter and I rarely get a date when they want my service. I don't know if I am available or not, if I don't know when they need me. I have mentioned this to thumbtack many times, but no one cares. So, I just don't send quotes because it wastes my money.