Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
Highlighted
Titanniki
Level 4

Charges

Since TT cannot reply to my text.
Anybody know how they charge? 

0 Kudos
35 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Charges

@Titanniki I took a look to specifically see how your account is currently running so I could try and help to clear this up for you. Right now you'll receive jobs that are a close fit for you in the "Jobs" tab of your account. You can then choose to send the customer a quote and will pay if they respond to you. The cost will always vary based on the details of the job, demand in your area, and how they respond. You can see what the cost of a contact will be before quoting by clicking on the "learn more" link below the customer's name. 

0 Kudos
Silver
Level 5

I’m getting charged for a response that only has 1question. How long will you take? That question cost me
$18. And then no further communication after I answered. I can’t afford that!!! They should only charge when you get HIRED!
I need my money back
Silver
Level 5

Sorry I sound mad, I am new to athimbtack
And so far have 5 leads with only one hire. Not cool I’ve paid Thumbtack almost 59 dollars
For one $85. Job. The job I bid at 143 was lowered to 85 because they only wanted 3 rooms cleaned. I was still charged by Thumbtack for a for the original
Quote price. I need to speak to customer service

@Silver if you have the Promote feature activated in any of your services, you automatically get charged whether you replied or not. TT determines they've made a 'match' based on your settings. On the flip side, if you shut off Promote, you won't get any jobs, as the promoted pros are the first thing a client sees.
Silver
Level 5

Are the customers informed that when they contact a pro we get charged full price for their entire
Order ???
0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 8

No they are not informed that we are charged when they reach out to us when they use any of the conversation starter templates. Of course we don't know how much we will be charged until AFTER they contact us. Many of the past customers who hired me on TT never knew that I was charged when they contacted me asking me if I was available on their date. I've been making this suggestion for years now. Let that sink in for a minute........YEARS! I'll make it yet again in this forum. When the customer reaches out to the service pro using any of the starter templates it should be MANDATORY that they also include their phone number & e-mail address. It's an expensive propostion for me the service pro when all I have is their name. 

@Silver pause the Promote feature, that's where you're racking up fees. If you have promote activated, you get charged whether you answer the client or not.
Silver
Level 5

Are the customers informed that when they contact a pro we get charged full price for their entire
Order ??? Plus the charges for the frequency of their order? Whether they hire us or not??
0 Kudos
Silver
Level 5

Now my bank isoverdrawn because people write just to ask a question and I get charged big bucks because their ad says they want weekly service, but they didn’t hire me and I’m beyond broke now. I need help how do I get customer service to help me? Anyone know?
0 Kudos