Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
Titanniki
Level 4

Charges

Since TT cannot reply to my text.
Anybody know how they charge? 

0 Kudos
18 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Charges

@Titanniki I took a look to specifically see how your account is currently running so I could try and help to clear this up for you. Right now you'll receive jobs that are a close fit for you in the "Jobs" tab of your account. You can then choose to send the customer a quote and will pay if they respond to you. The cost will always vary based on the details of the job, demand in your area, and how they respond. You can see what the cost of a contact will be before quoting by clicking on the "learn more" link below the customer's name. 

0 Kudos
Cutlass87
Level 4

Charges

I am being charged for jobs that I'm not being hired for. The customers are not viewing my quotes but I'm still being charged for reason and this is insane and unprofessional. This has been going on for 8 months are longer now and I have accumulated debt behind these charges from thumbtack. I have heard of this being done to lots of other people as well. Something has to be done by this ASAP. This is very unprofessional to this may concern. I need to talk to who's I'm charge. I need refunds. I need satisfactory behind this issue please. This is very unprofessional.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

I'm glad you reached out @Cutlass87. What you pay for at Thumbtack is the response you receive from a customer regarding the job. Once they respond, you get charged. Not to worry though, if their first response is a "no thanks" you won't be charged. 

Are you getting charged for quotes you never received a response for? If so, I want to see what's going on and get you taken care of. Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of the customers and I'll take a look. 

0 Kudos
Cutlass87
Level 4

I've been with you all since November of 2016 ma'am and there is no way I can send you every associated with my concern. You guys just recently started the "no charge unless customer responds" I've been getting charged for quotes and haven't had contact with customers at all before that change ma'am. I have bank statements from several months back and I can also get my bank statements for the year 2017 as well. I'm sure you guy's are aware of what I'm talking. This is not new to you all. I'm not talking about my recent quotes or should I say after the "no charge unless customer responds to you" that's new.
0 Kudos
Cutlass87
Level 4

I just looked at my purchases on thumbtack earlier today and my payment history is showing my debit card being charged. I haven't had no contact with none of the most recent quotes or customers.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Cutlass87 I took a look into the last receipt from your payments page. The four contacts on that receipt were all customers that you sent a quote to and then they responded. I'll send you a direct message with added details so that we can clear this up and discuss further. 

0 Kudos
Cutlass87
Level 4

Ok send me my last purchases please.
0 Kudos
Cutlass87
Level 4

Which card was charged for those transactions because I have 2 visa cards associated to thumbtack. Which card was charged?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @Cutlass87 for your safety, we want to keep this information private. Go ahead and return to the private message Kameron sent you and he will be able to get you this info. 

0 Kudos