Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Continuing to lower Customer budget options without regard for Pro ROI

It seems to me, that many people who try to book services on Thumbtack, have no idea what things cost or how much a profesional has to pay in maintainence, insurance, materials needed to produce a quality job.  They just want it for the lowest price.  But they want the highest quality.  When someone tries to low ball me in a quote request, if I respond, I try to educate the prospect on the value of professionalism, experience, quality of tools the pro uses, his customer service protacols and the overall "WOW" factor the customer will experience when he's willing to invest the proper amount rather than trying to steal the services from the pro.

Hankster
Level 10

Here's a perfect example of the lower budget option leads that have been seen for many years now. Saw this in my Jobs tab. A 12 hour DJ event for this Thursday, August 1st! This job poster is willing to pay from under $300 up to $400 for her event. This would cost $24.30 with Promote now known as Targeting. $30.37 without. Look how many service pros responded. ZERO! This person obviously to me anyway had no clue what the heck she was doing. The one pro she did contact got auto charged. What a joke! These requests don’t get screened! There is no DJ service out there that would even consider taking an event that long for that cheap of a payout. Not even a DJ service just starting out in the business! When are you going to start listening to your service pros TT?

DJ .jpg12 hour DJ event with a ridiculously low budget

@Hankster A Thumbtack community Manager has thoughtfully taken the time and trouble of explaining how we Pros can be successful using the budget structures in place. I refer you to this link: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Small-business-blog/Tackle-your-ROI-in-three-steps/ba-p/25695

This helpful robust guide shows us how to get the best results from our leads. It was posted by an expert on this topic and I am satisfied every part of it is beneficial.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@ChefOfAllSeason this is very helpful information. I will look it over thoughly. Thanks for pointing this out.

Hankster 7/30/19

@ChefOfAllSeason @Hankster 

Thanks for posting that link - I've read that ROI thread before, and the info is solid.

The problem is - when customers are encouraged to expect to pay less & less money for the same great service from us, at some point, our ROI lowers to a breaking point - where we end up breaking even or losing $$. Our business expenses don't change - but when we make less & less $$ off of our leads, then we are in trouble.

In the example I posted at the top of the thread - I can't hire professional musicians to play an amazing wedding gig for 8 hours, and pay them $5.50 an hour! They would literally be better off waiting tables or parking cars at the gig than playing the wedding.

0 Kudos

@ScottArcangel : Have you tried gigsalad, eventective or gigmasters?

@ChefOfAllSeason 

I looked into investing in Eventective - and as I was about to spend some $$ - an honest customer service rep actually shared some of their data with me - that only 18 music vendor requests came through the site in 2018... Imagine that? As I was about to give them $ - they made sure I knew the data they had. Unheard of.

GigSalad I'm doing okay on. Gigmasters, I'm doing very well - if you search Jazz Pianists NYC, I'm at the top. 

I'm also on The Knot & Wedding Wire.

Thumbtack has been the primary revenue stream in my portfolio the last 3 years - and I would LOVE for that to continue. But some of their policies are making it difficult.

Hankster
Level 10

@ScottArcangel I know exactly what you mean. As you hopefully saw in your post discussion my screen shot of an example of the types of ridiculous budgets that these job posters send. What is TT planning on doing about this? When will you start working with us? More importantly when will you start acknowledging the service pro as a customer?

Hankster 7/31/19

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Exact match should exactly match user Budget and Pro Prices

Note: This original standalone post has been edited and merged with an unrelated post.
Actually I don’t agree that this post should be buried here. My post has nothing to do with cost of leads. Thumbtack claims to send us leads that are exact match’s, but it’s very plainly not. Consolidating random and unrelated posts is not helping address real issues. I would write a new post, but I don’t want to waste any time on the boards today.

There is no wishy-washy idea here.

Just match their stated budget to our listed prices. Thumbtack asks for both of these. It should be a no brainer.

The fact that TT does not do this, however, speaks volumes. Why is this not being done?