results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Charsie1
Level 5

Cost for nothing

I have been charged for a customer messaging me to say they were Checking their options and I was also charged for a lady wanting wallpaper hung but had mistakenly post it on wallpaper removal. She commented to let me know she had made a mistake and I was charged for it! Who can stay in business like this? Not me!
Occupations (1)
States
17 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Cost for nothing

Hey @Charsie1 I want to look into this one. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer? 

0 Kudos
Jsinop0313
Level 1

17.93 charge

I had a woman message me about my services and now it says I owe $17.93. Can someone tell me how this works? It seemed they only took money if the project was scheduled
Moderator Jordan

Re: 17.93 charge

Hey there @Jsinop0313, a great place to learn more about how we charge is our Pro-Center: Paying for Contacts. Basically, we're here for the connection. Your info is sent to customers for free and you're only charged the first time a customer reaches out by messaging, scheduling next steps, or by marking you as hired. We charge for this connection. Make sure to check out the link below and then you're always welcome to ask more questions here as well.

0 Kudos
BradBaldwin
Level 6

Re: 17.93 charge

It happens a lot @Jsinop0313   Unfortunately It's how Thumbtack works now.  Very easy to add up connections on Instamatch without keeping track of them.  Good luck out there getting legit leads.

0 Kudos
tlittlej
Level 6

$51.62 to be asked if I have a website

What in the world is provided when we send quotes these days?  It seems totally backwards that our information is not provided when we send a quote.  For a "Client" to send a message asking if I have a website so they can see my work makes no sense when that information, along with images, are apart of my profile here.  Then that costs my company $52?  WOW

Moderator Jordan

Re: $51.62 to be asked if I have a website

Hi @tlittlej, it's good to ask these questions because knowing what the customer sees can help. Your info is definitely included. That'd be so frustrating to be pushed by support to fill out your profile only to find we don't even send it out. Here's the breakdown of what they see: When customers go to their project page, they have a list of all the professionals who quoted. The list is a snapshot of each pro that includes the business name, picture, estimate, review average, and hire count. Once they click "message this pro" it'll take them to a split screen of the Thumbtack messenger and your profile. Info like your website is right in front of them, so it's frustrating that they asked for something that's already there. Did they continue the conversation after they asked if you had a website?

0 Kudos
tlittlej
Level 6

The only reason it continued was because I asked them if my information was provided at all.  Even from you support staff, I'm told the same thing and even been provided a screenshot of the chat, but that's based on a computer screen.  When chatting on the mobile device, that split screen you mention does not exist.

Denise
Level 8

@tlittlej Did they book you for the job at least? I find that people who ask stupid questions are not really ready to hire because they are not even taking the time to read your intro/quote. They just want to ask mundane questions to pass the time.

I also hate when I get charged for "Are you available on my date?" I feel like TT should not charge me for this question. I took the time to send the quote to the client, therefore, I made sure I was available before I sent the quote. I respond and then the client goes ghost on me. 

tlittlej
Level 6

Of course they did not, I wouldn't complain about the money if they had.  Its still a steep price for a gig, but to simply be asked for basic information and TT to defend charging me that amount because "it is valid contact" was the final straw.