results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
mnjn
Level 6

Credit Card - Can't use PayPal anymore!

Solved! Jump to solution
I choose not to provide my credit card information to every provider, but instead handle my transactions via PayPal.

TT now requires everyone to give their credit card information. They say their system is safe, however, as we all know, many companies who also told their customers that their systems were safe, get hacked.

Customers like myself use PayPal because we only have to trust ONE source provider to keep my credit card information. 

TT will likely respond that it’s needed to support their new process. However, all the providers I deal with such as: HomeDepot, Amazon , Lowes etc., use PayPal and do not require my stored credit card  information.

Please revert this recent policy change and support PayPal again.
Occupations (1)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Jordan

Re: Credit Card - Can't use PayPal anymore!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey there, being able to use PayPal was a big bonus for a lot of pros using Thumbtack, so you're not alone in missing it. As far as we've been made away, PayPal just isn't compatible with the way we charge currently. There has to be a credit or debit card on the account to ensure we're able to charge for contacts. There have been too many instances where the linking PayPal account does not work. If you’re concerned about credit card security, we use Stripe to process charges on Thumbtack. They take your credit card security very seriously and store your card information in their secure credit card vault. Basically that means even though you’re paying for something on our site, they never share your credit card information with us (or anyone else).

0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Jordan

Re: Credit Card - Can't use PayPal anymore!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey there, being able to use PayPal was a big bonus for a lot of pros using Thumbtack, so you're not alone in missing it. As far as we've been made away, PayPal just isn't compatible with the way we charge currently. There has to be a credit or debit card on the account to ensure we're able to charge for contacts. There have been too many instances where the linking PayPal account does not work. If you’re concerned about credit card security, we use Stripe to process charges on Thumbtack. They take your credit card security very seriously and store your card information in their secure credit card vault. Basically that means even though you’re paying for something on our site, they never share your credit card information with us (or anyone else).

0 Kudos
Octillo
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

I wished my profile could accept payments at a lower rate than Paypal or have my PayPal (and other payment options) account integrated within the Thumbtack system. Also, a more transparent inbox. 

0 Kudos
Troy
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Solved! Jump to solution

Oh, yes, I HATE the new inbox.  I joke with my wife that when I learn where she keeps something, she changes where it goes and I have to learn all over again.  TT is doing the same thing with the inbox, and getting worse at it each time.  Can I find what I am looking for?  Yes, but only after putting in far more effort than should be required.  New request are in REQUESTS...I send a reply, and I have to go back to the inbox, then filter down to SENT to find what I sent.  You never see the conversation until the customer responds.  I wish they would roll back to the previous inbox setup until they find something better.  This one is infuriating.