results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Credit Card Privacy Policy

I just received an email from one of my credit card companies to review an update policy and agree with it.

This leads me to ask, does Thumbtack have a Credit Card Privacy Policy for us to review and agree to? If so, can someone show me where to find it?

0 Kudos
9 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Credit Card Privacy Policy

@DJStevie When you sign up, you agree to our Terms of Use. If you look under the THUMBTACK BUDGET, FEES, AND TAXES section, you'll see that it goes into Default Payment Method which will give you some further context. Upon that, it may be good to brush up on the Terms of Use if you have any questions regarding what you agreed to. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

I think you misunderstood. I wanted to see if there is a specific Credit Card Privacy Policy to review, not terms of use. Shouldn't there be one listed, since Thumbtack takes credit/debit cards as form of payment?

I'm just asking since I received an email from one of my credit card companies asking me to review their Credit Card Privacy Policy agreement.

Thanks,

DJ Stevie

5-7-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie you may also want to reference our regular Thumbtack Privacy Policy. In terms of payment, we use Stripe to process all credit card transactions. You can click on the following link to learn more about how Stripe protects your information.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

Thanks for replying.

That is very helpful. So, then are you saying that NO credit card data is stored on any of TT's systems at Google, Amazon web services or in-house? And that the credit card information we see on the TT website is actually a call to the Stripe system? I am concerned because when I access my cc info on the Thumbtack site I never see a call to stripe when accessing my saved information.

With all the data breaches out there, I'm just concerned, as it's easier these days to steal credit card information as well as personal info.

Thanks

DJ Stevie

5-7-2019

Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie yes, your credit card is stored on file in your account as it needs to be there to process payment. As far as a credit card privacy policy, that's not something we have available right now. Your card is processed through Stripe, which Kameron mentioned above. It sounds that you're concerned about your overall privacy of the information on your account. That's ultimately what our Privacy Policy is set in place for. Read that over and let us know if you have any other questions about this. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

As was clear in my original question, I was concerned specifically about a Thumbtack credit card security policy that addresses data protection, breach prevention and mitigation steps... it sounds like that Thumbtack has none of that in place at this time.

My question, are there plans for Thumbtack to urgently put one in place?  No disrespect,@Meckell , please answer this question here. I don't want another link.

Thanks

DJ Stevie

5-8-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie this something we're needing to dig into a little bit more in order to give you the accurate answer you're looking for. We'll reach out to you as soon as we can with more info. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Thank you. Looking forward to hear what you can find out

DJ Stevie

5-8-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie thank you for your patience as we got you some further clarification. Thumbtack does not require the kind of Privacy Policies that banks, financial institutions, or other regulated industry participants need. We do have a comprehensive Privacy Policy, which we linked above.
As for Credit Card information, particularly Personal Account Number (PAN), Thumbtack does not store the full PAN on any of our systems. So correcting what I said earlier, your credit card is not stored anywhere in Thumbtacks database. Your credit card is processed through Stripe. Only Stripe has that information (and is a regulated industry participant).