results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Credit Card charges

Whatever happened to Thumbtack charging us at $100? Now it's $50? Why do we set a budget if they are going to charge us for every $50 usage? They are essentially setting a budget for us.

States
0 Kudos
5 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Credit Card charges

Sorry for any confusion @DJStevie. We aren't in any way setting a budget for pros, that's entirely up to you guys. A budget is set in place so that you're in control of your spending but funds aren't withdrawn until a customer contacts you. You'll see that your charges are marked as ‘pending’ and haven’t been charged to your credit card just yet. We’ll group all your ‘pending’ charges together and charge them at the same time (usually on Sunday night or whenever you spend over $50.) If you have any other questions about your budget or when you're charged, be sure to check out our Help Center

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell
Not getting angry at you, but in my personal opinion, Thumbtack IS setting a budget by charging credit cards when Pros reach the $50 mark. That's why I ask why should Pros set a budget if Thumbtack is going to charge us for every $50 usage?  That IS setting a budget. Why not remind Pros when we are nearing the budget that we set? In my business, I can reach the $50 usage in no time. Why was this changed(charging at $50 instead of $100)?  It was supposed to be charged on a weekly basis! That was my understanding. Thumbtack wants us to keep a budget, but is afraid if we reach that budget, we won't have funds available.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell

I just noticed on my payments that 2 charges were taken out on Sunday January 13. (One was for reaching $50 and the other was for another lead). Why wasn't 1 charge made instead of 2? This is why I said yesterday about Thumbtack IS setting a budget. Originally, 1 charge per week was made. Then it was once the leads reached $100, now it's $50.  I'm baffled and still trying to figure out as to why I set a budget and Thumbtack decides to charge for every $50 usage. I should just throw away the budget, and let Thumbtack charge as they deem fit. (not angry at you, but becoming more frustrated than before)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Delayed and consolidated withdraws from bank accounts

Why and when did TT start waiting to deduct fees? This is a terrible idea. As a sole proprietor and owner operator of my business I reply to add when I can I don't have time to write down every fee when a customer replies and then a deduction is made from my bank of$70
plus dollars hurts when you don't expect it
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Delayed and consolidated withdraws from bank accounts

@Bateshandyman sorry to hear this comes as a surprise to you. To help you keep track of your receipts be sure to check out your Payments page. Your weekly budget on each service that you offer will also be there to help you control how much you spend each wee. We won't allow you to go over the limit unless you decide to yourself.

0 Kudos