Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
fitcap
Level 6

Customer Value/Interest=CUSTOMER COST???

you said:
"The cost for a contact is based on customer's interest, the more valuable the request is, the more it costs."

THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW EXTENT OF A CUSTOMERS INTEREST OR VALUE FROM A FORM THEY FILL OUT!!!

YOU HAVE MADE TT THE #1 BROWSING,SHOPPING SITE FOR CUSTOMERS!
JUST SHOPPERS Smiley Sad !!!

I HOPE YOU ARE READING THE MANY MILLIONS OF COMPLAINTS FROM VERY UNHAPPY PROS!!!

IF YOU YOU DO NOT FIX THE ISSUES THUMBTACK WILL MOST LIKELY GO UNDER!!!!

>PROS CAN NOT RUN + MAINTAIN SMALL BUSINESSES WITH A COMPANY THAT HARMS RATHER THAN HELPS THEM!
>PROS CAN NOT RUN AND MAINTAIN SMALL BUSINESSES WITH A COMPANY THAT SCAMS AND CHEATS THEM.

>PROS CAN NOT RUN +MAINTAIN A SMALL BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT CHARGES 15 + CUSTOMERS FOR THE SAME QUOTE...ARE YOU INSANE????

THUMBTACK MAKES AT LEAST 2-3 HUNDRED DOLLARS PER CRUMMY/FAKE QUOTE.
YOU MAKE MONEY ....PROS LOOSE BIG TIME DUE TO YOUR FAKE, CRUMMY LEADS.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US!
26 responses
Acusimm
Level 1

Re: Customer Value/Interest=CUSTOMER COST???

It’s not about - helping “Pros” make money anymore - It seems to just be about THUMBTACK ~ making money⁉️ Now - Supposedly ~ If someone - is “thinking” of “maybe” hiring me - for an Acupuncture Treatment or a massage - or my husband to do a video & we tespondvto their inquiry - we are charged⁉️ SAYING BOO 👻 Early before Halloween - it was better - when - you didn’t get charged - til you had a job & got paid‼️😳 Now - I see ~ that - if I respond - to someone - who may be interested in hiring me~ I better Not 😣🙄 Or ~ I will be charged⁉️ Even - if - I don’t get hired⁉️👀 - Well ~ That sucks ~ & I won’t be responding & - I’m sure - that I won’t be the only one NOT responding & THUMBTACK will go under☹️😢
Acusimm
Level 1

I Want to reply - but I don’t think THUMBTACK WANTS ME TO⁉️ ~ it’s not what THUMBTACK IS doing to us 🙄 ~ It’s more like ~ what are they doing to themselves⁉️ 😢. It’s not about - helping “Pros” make money anymore - It seems to just be about THUMBTACK ~ making money⁉️ Now - Supposedly ~ If someone - is “thinking” of “maybe” hiring me - for an Acupuncture Treatment or a massage - or my husband to do a video ~ or to play music ~ somewhere for an event & we respond to their inquiry - we are going to be charged⁉️ SAYING BOO 👻 Early before Halloween‼️To this ‼️ 😳 - As it was better - when - you didn’t get charged - til you had a job & got paid‼️😳 Now - I see ~ that - if I respond - to someone - who may be interested in hiring me~ I better Not 😣 🙄 ~ Or ~ I will be charged⁉️ Even - if - I don’t get the job & get hired⁉️👀 - Well ~ That sucks‼️😳 ~ & So ~ I won’t be responding‼️ & - I’m sure - that I won’t be the only one NOT responding & THUMBTACK will go under☹️😢
Fee_gee39
Level 4

100% Agree! Last year they were using my review link on MY PERSONAL website and introduced them to not only me, but my 8 to ten other competitors!!!! I cant even imagine the money Thumbtack made from my OWN paid commercial advertising. When I figured out what eas going on I did not even get an apology! 😡
ccphoto
Level 4

Oh my gosh, thank you, I am so glad I came across this. I added the badge and reviews to my site too a couple months ago. I just removed it!!

I have been screwed by thumbtack SO MANY times and I have disputed charges over and over and I just get the same responses back. I pass on more jobs than I quote due to fear of clients not being serious or not filling out their job postings correctly. I am very close to giving up on this service. I hope this upcoming change that they keep sending notifications about (but NO ONE knows anything about when you call customer service) will fix these issues or else I will be leaving thumbtack for sure. 

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 6

AND SO EVERYBODY....HERE IS THE REPLY I RECEIVED....

Hi Rhonda,

We hear your frustration. We do our best to implement changes based on feedback both from customers and pros, like you. We are aware that with any changes we make, it works for others and not for some. Your feedback are heard and we are trying our best to improve.

We understand owning and operating your own business is expensive and you want Thumbtack to be a worthwhile investment. Over time, many pros see the cost pay off as they meet and work with new customers on Thumbtack.

One way to think of Thumbtack is as a targeted marketing channel for your business. Like trade shows, Google Adwords, newspaper ads, or any marketing channel and we charge for the introduction we give your business. You’re not guaranteed business from every customer that you meet. However, we put you in front pre-qualified customers—customers who are looking for the service you provide and in your area—to let you do what you do best: convince them that you’re the one for the job.

Also, sending quotes on Thumbtack may be considered an advertising cost. We are an introductory site. Once we are successful in introducing you to the customers, that is when you get charged and it is up to you how to win the job.Think about buying TV commercials or listing on a directory like Yelp. Many people see that advertisement, but only a couple will likely turn into customers.

We here at Thumbtack values the protection and security of both the customer and professionals. I do want to strongly convey that we are not in the business of scamming the professionals who use Thumbtack. Not only is it fundamentally against what we stand for here, it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective either. Our mission is to be the online marketplace for local services. _We can only grow if we are connecting real, serious customers with real, quality professionals.

We spend a lot of time talking to professionals who have seen a lot of success onThumbtack—we're proud of them. You can see some of their stories here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPz1npTzydS577c1B-vduYBWoF0cRPKMv

AEHoerl
Level 6

@fitcap That is a...deeply unimpressive--dare I say insulting?--response from TT. Do you know if that is supposed to be a response just to your OP here, or also to comments you made on the larger pricing thread? 

fitcap
Level 6

I am sure it is not only directed to my posts but the whole

crummy situation summed up in one responseI would think..

She thinks she being helpfull Smiley Sad

Qwksilver
Level 6

I have not seen any positive statements about TT pricing structure. TT was a good idea gone awry. They made money with the old system, but greed came into play. We raised our prices on TT to avoid casual price shoppers. It is only a matter of time when all the best pros leave or set higher pricing. TT advertising as "cheap" for whtever service we provide. There ia way to achieve a win/win balance, but at the momentTT has lost their way. It is unfortunate. Did anyone notice that now you really can't see how many bidders a job gets. Hard to build trust with underhanded moves and policies. As we get baseless inquiries we will continue to raise our prices here to stop nonsense automated question on our availability. The latest moves by TT have sullied their reputation in a business that can survive only by reputation. TT should be doing everything to keep it's best pros busy not pandering.

@fitcap wrote:

AND SO EVERYBODY....HERE IS THE REPLY I RECEIVED....

Hi Rhonda,

We hear your frustration. We do our best to implement changes based on feedback both from customers and pros, like you. We are aware that with any changes we make, it works for others and not for some. Your feedback are heard and we are trying our best to improve.

We understand owning and operating your own business is expensive and you want Thumbtack to be a worthwhile investment. Over time, many pros see the cost pay off as they meet and work with new customers on Thumbtack.

One way to think of Thumbtack is as a targeted marketing channel for your business. Like trade shows, Google Adwords, newspaper ads, or any marketing channel and we charge for the introduction we give your business. You’re not guaranteed business from every customer that you meet. However, we put you in front pre-qualified customers—customers who are looking for the service you provide and in your area—to let you do what you do best: convince them that you’re the one for the job.

Also, sending quotes on Thumbtack may be considered an advertising cost. We are an introductory site. Once we are successful in introducing you to the customers, that is when you get charged and it is up to you how to win the job.Think about buying TV commercials or listing on a directory like Yelp. Many people see that advertisement, but only a couple will likely turn into customers.

We here at Thumbtack values the protection and security of both the customer and professionals. I do want to strongly convey that we are not in the business of scamming the professionals who use Thumbtack. Not only is it fundamentally against what we stand for here, it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective either. Our mission is to be the online marketplace for local services. _We can only grow if we are connecting real, serious customers with real, quality professionals.

We spend a lot of time talking to professionals who have seen a lot of success onThumbtack—we're proud of them. You can see some of their stories here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPz1npTzydS577c1B-vduYBWoF0cRPKMv

Moderator Meckell

@fitcap @Acusimm @Qwksilver First, I want you to know that your frustrations are valid and I thank you for your feedback. As you can see in other threads on the Community, pricing is a very popular topic right now and we're listening to you all. 

Yes, with our new pricing system, you pay once a customer responds to you showing interest. To us, that's more valuable than our previous model where you would pay every time you sent a quote, regardless if you got a response or not. However, I get that the cost is surprising as it is more than it used to be. That's because we believe these contacts hold more value. With that, we're always re-evaluating costs and want to make sure we're charging a fair price for what the return on investment could be. If you have any specific suggestions for your category on your area, please send me a private message. I'm more than happy to hear you out and send your suggestions on to the appropriate team.

I hate to hear that pros like yourself have lost trust in us. Without pros, we aren't Thumbtack so I can assure you that we do care and want you to succeed just as much as you do. I want help build that trust back up, so please, don't ever hesitate to reach out to me. I'm always happy to help in any way that I can. Thanks again for your feedback. 

0 Kudos