results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Qwksilver
Level 6

Re: Customer Value/Interest=CUSTOMER COST???

Interest is not "Are you available on my date" or "Do you any sample playlists", those are buttons potential shoppers are pushing as recommended by TT to reach out. Interest is "How do I book you" or "What is the next step?" If I were a consumer and received 16-20 quotes for 1 job, I would freak out and go somewhere else. Just too much info along with the constant barrage of followup by some of the pros. Imaginse that from 16 to 20 pros. If it were 5 to 6 pros, we would get more responses. With the instant quote feature, the old excuse of not enough pros are bidding is nonsense. We do better with SEO and Yelp combined than here on Thumbtack. we rely on other platforms that give us more for the money and our business there is growing. On TT we are shrinking and moving away from TT. We will do enough to maintain our pro status, but not much more. I believe we only booked 25 or so events through TT out of the 300 or so we do a year.We bid on a lot of jobs and now the amount of bids going out are hidden from us. All I can say is to stop foot dragging, get your team around a table and fix this before it is too late. As a friend once said to me " all money is not good money ". Meaning that charging rates that run off the best pros every day rather than charging a fair rate where pros can make a profit and grow their business on TT. When you limit competition by charging win/win rates the only thing that can happen is positive growth.. Yes rates should be on a sliding scale for bidding but not 10% of every job that is bid. 5 bids with charges with no bookings = ZERO profit. Also need to find a way to qualify the shopper to prevent fraudulent charges. We are not as large company, we run 3 DJ rigs and 2 photo booths. If you want us to book more through the TT site, fix the issues. No need for ongoing discussion, you have more than enough feedback since Pandora's Box was opened. I have read way too many posts here and there are common threads. Come up with a new plan ASAP or TT will never recover from this pending disaster. Recommendation: Roll it back for the time being and consult with pros in all areas and trades. Work with the pros in coming up with fair pricing that is good for everyone. If this platform would be fairer, we would dedicate more time and personnel in marketing to follow up on all the bids. Unless serious changes are made, there is no point to having any further dialogue as we will grow silent ant continue to move away from TT only maintaining the minimum requirements to maintain our pro badge until either changes are made or TT becomes a memory for great pros. You will only have the dregs of the industry when the top pros leave or minimize.

Happycook
Level 5

Since bringing my business to yelp my business has gotten crazy busy and I’m maybe getting one job a month on TT now, but being billed 500.00 plus a month for someone saying ‘I’ll call you tomorrow ‘ and never doing so. Ive completely lost trust with TT.

@Qwksilver Perfectly stated.
I have paid hundreds on the auto response button 'Are you available on my date' and absolutely zero response after that (even with answering immediately). I believe they are accidentally responding or they are fake to begin with. I have been a Pro in TT for years and sadly refuse to respond to any inquiries now. I don't trust TT. TT has no concept of value in our market and their assumptions on the "value" of leads only proves they only value what lines their pockets. They are going to bleed themselves dry.
Peacanpr
Level 5

Interesting you all keep saying that these are not valuable customer... So you are saying your being judgemental that they old people searching were not valuable? They were MORE valuable when I could quote them at a reasonable cost.

In my market I had MANY QUOTES for FREE!!!!

WHY?
because my market was not saturated with many MASSAGE therapist. You could not get when 2 PROFESSIONALS to respond to a customer!
I was responding to everyone I could. Then when your rate plan changed the first time I would only respond to the FREE ones because it didn't make sense what algorithms you used to determine which would be free or charged. So even when/if the customer request or demand is higher (because you guys monopolize the Google search engine) if I can quote them guess what they have no value to me.
You all said it depended on whether massage therapist were responding... Well that was rate in my market and that's why that let me quote for free .. So you all have no excuse that there are more qualified quotes/leads... Infact, IF YOU ARE NOT A MASSAGE THERAPIST you can't quantify it qualify a thing about me MASSAGE business... you couldn't possibly know what a question m waiting quantifuable or quality customer would be for me.

So ENOUGH with the sham... We all know that you say your listening but you're not.
If you were you will make sure that you go back to the old way.
Where if your market was not saturated you still will quote for FREE!!!! and never above$2-4.
Those were my best customers and were extremely valuable to me... These customers your give me now have no value because I can't afford to quote with hidden fees or ridiculous rates!

Freshly
Level 6

Just because the customer made contact does not mean it is a done deal for us.  I don't mind the higher rate but only charge when the customer has agreed to go with a pro.  Don't charge for making contact and if it does not work out. 

Qwksilver
Level 6

Re: Customer Value/Interest

I have not seen any positive statements about TT pricing structure. TT was a good idea gone awry. They made money with the old system, but greed came into play. We raised our prices on TT to avoid casual price shoppers. It is only a matter of time when all the best pros leave or set higher pricing. TT advertising as "cheap" for whtever service we provide. There ia way to achieve a win/win balance, but at the momentTT has lost their way. It is unfortunate. Did anyone notice that now you really can't see how many bidders a job gets. Hard to build trust with underhanded moves and policies. As we get baseless inquiries we will continue to raise our prices here to stop nonsense automated question on our availability. The latest moves by TT have sullied their reputation in a business that can survive only by reputation. TT should be doing everything to keep it's best pros busy not pandering.

Happycook
Level 5

Look at all the unhappy customers. How can you “win” a customer when they never call you like they say they are going to or never respond after an initial hello. TT sure grabs its money right away without seeing if these are true customers or just lookie loo’s.

No, you do not! as long as your making money that's fine while we are losing money every time we try to make It and don't get a response!

Freshly
Level 6

No you actually don't.  You have no idea the time and effort we have to put in to create quotes only for it to go into a dark hole.  If you were to actually read our complaints and make changes based on that, the I will believe you are actually working on behalf of the pros.

0 Kudos
Elena47
Level 4

This is sadly The dame response they gave me. I don’t think Thumbtack understands that most of these leads respond to a quote but aren’t really interested in using a service
0 Kudos