Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
kitminden
Level 5

Re: People who don't show or don't pay

We need to be able to report these folks so they don't rip others of us off.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@kitminden @yourhouse if a customer who hired you on Thumbtack doesn't pay you, we definitely want to know about it. If this happens in the future, send me a private message with more info on the situation or contact one of our support channels. 

kitminden
Level 5

Normally, where do I send a message to? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@kitminden go to my profile here and select direct message. You can also contact our customer support at 800-948-2034 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm MST. 

0 Kudos
kitminden
Level 5

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
CLGPatrick
Level 7

@yourhouse I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.  Thumbtack is a lead generation tool for us pros.  They provide a very simple and easy-to-use bridge between us pros and actively prospecting clients.  Though the customers found us pros on Thumbtack, the clients are ours.  We are literally buying potential clients from Thumbtack.

Example:  I pay Google to run ads for me within my local area so that potential clients are pulled to my website when they search for services that I provide.  Just because a potential client found me through Google, it doesn't mean they are Google's clients.

Despite it being Thumbtacks responsibility to make sure no one gets scammed on either side, it's important that we protect ourselves once that connection to any potential client is made.  If we do run into issues, it's best we catch them before work has been provided for so that we can report them to Thumbtack before they try to scam someone else.

I hope this helps clarify my outlook on Thumbtack.  If you don't feel like you're getting the fullest out of Thumbtack, then just call them and ask what you could do better.  I've personally done this.  Last year, they even set me up with a Thumbtack Pro Success Coach to help improve my page to get more customers.  Honestly, I don't know if they still do that, but they'll definitely take the time to give you guidance so that you're more successful.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
kitminden
Level 5

Disagree how?
I get leads, yes, but we also need to know who is not ok as they don't pay one of us then go on to hire another and don't pay. It's continuous. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CLGPatrick
Level 7

@kitminden Oh, I completely agree with reporting people that don't pay to Thumbtack.  I was just stating that I disagreed with @yourhouse 's remark on saying they aren't our clients, they're Thumbtack's; which simply isn't true.

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
kitminden
Level 5

Agree. Thanks for clarifying.

0 Kudos
Aura
Level 2

Hi - 

what about getting paid before you give your service?  my service can be over the phone or internet so I am thinking that the best is to get paid first and then I will do the Tarot reading for the client.

Is that ok?

0 Kudos