results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Cindy25
Level 5

Customer did not pay

Hi I have a situation did a project and customer refuse to pay to sad but real has to take her on court. She just Ad some services after we did a painting job and Them she got crazy trying to offense me and I realize that she wants this discussion to refuse pay so I did a video on my support asking her pay me for the job done and she just called the police. Has my company and papers so maybe she thought I did not have papers or I really do not know. Has to look a lawyer and follow the process, has a contract with her company I  Hate to lose time on it and ask for support here and seems like they just protect customers what about Pro??  We do ay for Leads and there is fake people.

Occupations (1)
States
26 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Customer did not pay

@Cindy25 thanks for reaching out! This sounds like a tough situation and I'd like to see what we can do to help. I'm having a little trouble grasping the entire story based solely on what you've written here, but If you'll please send me a direct message here in the Community with some clarifying details and possibly the other persons name we can begin to discuss.

0 Kudos
Cindy25
Level 5

Kameron:

Hi I submit all videos photos and emals to Thumbtack support to Mike but for me he has not resolve anything on our favor. This lady just marked us as Hire and place one start reviewwith no comment. We are a Top Pro this review affects our profile.

Can you give me your e mail or email me at fastpainting10@gmail.com

I can share with you all documentation I have and also I am requesting legal support and guarantee from Thumbtack,

Because we the Pro pay for the Leads and it is impossible I have not receive any good news from the company just last month expend around$500 on Leads that means I am an active Pro and never happen something like this before and have never need a discussion with any customers.

Will appreciatte you contact us soon.

Thanks you again.

Cindy Rivera

Projects Coordinator from Fast Painting10

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Cindy25 thanks for that further clarification. I'm going to send you a private message with next steps, keep an eye out for that. 

Cindy25
Level 5

Sounds good for us.

We are just getting e-mails but no anwers from the customer and from Thumbtack,

try to contact the customer for a solution and she just said text me  by thumbtack do not call me anymore, bu she do nott answer

On my opinion  this is an opportunish person that know about Thumbtack Guarantee and she wants to make more money do it this crazy situation.

I need to recover my money and help with that bad review that she wrotewith one start and no explanation.

Thank you

Cindy Rivera

0 Kudos
kitminden
Level 5

People who don't show or don't pay

What do you do about them? Is ther a place we can review them so we all know who is not worth working with?

CLGPatrick
Level 7

Re: People who don't show or don't pay

Hey @kitminden!

Gah, this sucks when this happens.  I can't lie, I've had it happen to me a couple of times.  Here's what I do to avoid it from ever happening again:

1. First, and foremost, I get a contract from every single person I work with.  Contracts sound complicated, but they can actually be pretty easy.  Here's a forum article I wrote a few weeks back about setting up contracts online for free that are easy for customers to sign.  Contracts Made Easy
  2. Down payment.  I get a 25% down payment on jobs that are $1000+ and 50% downpayment on jobs less than $500.  I personally use www.invoice2go.com to manage my invoices and down payments.

Don't worry about scaring off clients with these two suggestions.  The only people you'll scare off are the people that are trying to pull a fast one on you.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
kitminden
Level 5

Thanks. I tutor so normally no contract but am thinking about using one that says if they don't give notice they still owe me and similar things.

Moderator Meckell

@CLGPatrick this is great advice, thanks for sharing! 

yourhouse
Level 5

I tried to get TT to address this same issue but they will not listen. The homeowner is their customer, not the pro. What they don't understand is that they can have millions of homeowners, but without the pro, THEY MAKE NO MONEY!