Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
OTL
Level 5

Customer "Chose you"

Lately I have been getting emails from TT which say "Congratulations Client already chose you out of a list of pros. reply to seal the deal."  Then I actually look at the insights and view the competition to find out that the client also "chose" multiple other pros.   Were I to respond, I would be charged automatically by TT.  This seems like fraudulent misprepresenation on TT's part, the customer did not "Choose" me, only wants additional information from me. 

TT should really change its wording.  Also, when I go to respond to someone choosing me, TT tells me that the cost will come out of my budget but doesn't tell me how much, I cannot respond without knowing how much it is going to cost me. 

Occupations (1)
41 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Customer "Chose you"

@OTL thank you for sharing your feedback on this. I'll be sure to share your sentiments about the wording with our teams. 

In regards to the amount. If you click on the Reply button it will then show you the amount it will cost to reply. You can then choose to either move forward with your response or decline the lead.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
OTL
Level 5

Hi, 

No, it doesn't show me an amount when I hit the reply button, it simply tells me it will cost me money out of my budget. 

Moderator Meckell

@OTL, that's odd. Can you provide a screenshot of this and send it to me in our private message conversation? I want to get all of this figured out for you! 

0 Kudos

this happened to me as well last week, the client chose ELEVEN other pros as well. I looked to see what it would cost me, even clicking on reply, and the response was 'you will be charged for this response, continue?'

Moderator Meckell

Let's look into this @AutumnElectric. Could you send me a private message with a screenshot of what you're seeing as well as the name of the customer? Once I get that, I'll get you some answers! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell  and how do I do that??  The job is archived, the request is no longer valid

Moderator Meckell

@AutumnElectric do you remember the name of the customer? 

0 Kudos

@Meckell  ok, another lead just popped up, I hit reply, it stated the cost was $6.57 to reply.  So that worked; except he contacted seven (7) other electricians as well.  Now, here's what's wrong with the new system: the client said he had power everywhere, except the garage/basement and outdoors.  He's in a condo/townhouse, so he's probably talking about one outdoor receptacle, on a GFCI circuit.  The GFCI receptacle needs to have the reset button pushed. It's downpouring rain today, so that's most likely his problem.  But I'm not spending a dime to explain that to him nor driving 20mi to do that for him

Joe

@Meckell     Praveena was the client name.  She picked FIFTEEN other electricians to quote on the installation of ONE receptacle in her office;  absolutely ludicrous. And I don't do commercial work, so I shouldn't have even appeared in her search!