Highlighted

paying for leads

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

How do I get thumbtack to stop charging me for leads that I did not chose? Charging me for a lead that I do not want even with 20% off is not a deal. I do not like the new direction that thumbtack has taken.

Highlighted

Re: paying for leads

Best Answer

@mariaandskip since you have your Finish Carpentry service promoted, you told us which jobs you'll always want. That's why you get charged once a customer contacts you. Can you share with me an example of a job that you got charged for that you didn't want? Was it outside of your preferences? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: paying for leads

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Just stop charging me for leads I don't want. I do NOT want every lead that you send me even if it is in my  work preference. I don't want to spend 1 1/2 hrs driving to Miami. I do not want to contact someone who is far away. I do not want to spend $75 for a lead that wants a bargain basement price, I don't do bargain basement quality work. In my profile, I requested jobs within a 50 mile radius. I'm getting job notifications that are 4 and 5 hrs away, Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Lehigh Acres.

I used to recommend you to a lot of people, now I do it with warnings

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hiw many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Had two jobs recently that the customer never responded. Even after multiple attempts on my end. Asked for a refund and was denied even though THUMBTACK plainly states on the job details that "you won't be charged if the customer doesn't reply ". Got charged anyway.
Highlighted

Re: Hiw many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Community Veteran
Best Answer
Sometimes TT will credit for ghost leads and sometimes not. They say its a courtesy credit when they do. I personally don't like that. Make a policy we can understand and stick with it. The more unpredictable you make the system the more chance for uncertainty and unhappy customers. Personally I would like to have more certainty in how the system works whether I like the rule or not. Just my opinion. I understand others May differ
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MR 

So true about TT making a policy and sticking to it. Not pick/choose which leads to credit. Speaking of credit, I don't understand why we receive TT credits, instead of refunding our credit cards?  We aren't using the credit system anymore, so refund us via the credit/debit card that we have on file. Majority of the Pros will appreciate that instead of granting "x" amount of $$ in credits.

Highlighted

Community Veteran
Best Answer
djstevie. I believe a cc credit incurrs a fee which goes to the bottom line of TT balance sheet. Some companies are willing to eat that fee, others are not. Many times that decision says a lot about the overall mindset of the company

Best Answer

@Installations can you share with me the first names of the customers in which you never got a response from? Keep in mind that if your services were promoted and the customer reached out to you directly, that's when you're charged. If you quote on a job through the Jobs tab, you aren't charged until the customer responds. Check out this video here with more info on when you're charged. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Hello Meckell,

I am very disappointed with Thumbtack's changes.....first with "instant match" and now with "promote." I loved Thumbtack and was extremely happy with their service and customer service but no more and I can foresee the company's future decline. What Thumbtack was doing before "instant match" was fine and you should revert. Reverting is the only way Thumbtack will continue to thrive. You might be making a lot of money now but soon both Pro's and customers are going to move on because: 

1. The list for customers to view is too long and overwhelming. Customers will go for cheaper bids and those customers may be disappointed with what they get.

2. The list of complaints for Pro's are endless and you will soon start to see them mount. Instant match is not accurate. I want to be able to choose who I can bid on without facing the consequences of an ultimatum of not appearing on the "promote" list. Customers who hire me will more often than not, hire me and then not response when I reach out to them. Why is this? At least before I could screen the jobs and not pay for people who didnt fit my requirements or who seemed flakey. I don't want to limit my chances by not "promoting" myself but the quotes I am paying for the percentage of people who don't respond (a big percentage) I'm just throwing my money away. 

Thumbtack shouldn't give customer's the option to press a button with a computer generated response, that's making it too easy for them to not have to do any work to engage with the Pro's. They have nothing to lose. We do. 

With regard to this specific discussion. I too would like to be reimbursed for the following people who hired me but never "directly" reached out.

Gabi b

Malene S

sonja w

Casandra R

deborah l

Lydie L

Leanne O

Paula V $21.20

Dee ng $21

Camila C

Highlighted

Re: How many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Community Veteran
Best Answer

Spot on @lisasshields, great post.

Regards,
Laurence.