Highlighted

Re: New pricing structure

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thanks. I think I figured it out after I sent you a message. I’m just restricting my area more, and that seems to be working out. With a circular area, we don’t have great control over areas we may not want to bid to for safety reasons. Also, we are sometimes open for parts of dates but not all of dates, and the present system doesn’t allow professionals to block out partial dates they’ve already been hired for.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Just echoing some of the same sentiments on here hoping something will get through. I think this has the potential to be a really great app but something has to be done with the way leads are charged. I was just charged $30 for responding to someone's availability requests only to have them never follow back up. This has discouraged me from following up on other leads of interests as I cannot afford to just keep throwing money away. Please consider changing your pricing structure to to bill once we've been hired. 

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
All I want know, and I’ve asked over 10 times, what has March prices gone up 2 1/2 times.... I really would like to get a straight answer!!!
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Rocky8701 You'll notice that prices will indeed fluctuate. Our goal is to make the price of leads match the value you get from new customers. Sometimes we find prices are too high, other times they're too low. We want the price you pay to match the value you get, and we’re working hard to make that happen. We’re constantly listening to your feedback and evaluating prices to make sure they're fair. If you have any specific suggestions for the prices in your category, please send them my way! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Prices, since March 1 have gone up 2 1/2, this month I’ll pay over $400, February I spent $180, in January was even less. Why can’t TT tell us what is really happening and we see prices continue to increase?
0 Likes

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Rocky, if someone actually honestly answers that, we'll probably all keel over from the shock! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

New pricing structure

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Its getting real expensive for deadbeat leads.  Feels like another ride with Service Magic.  If anyone over there in charge of things cares about us, figure out a better system!  Im relatively new here, but close to dropping out...

Highlighted

New Pricing Structure

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Are you kidding me?????? Just when I thought that Thumbtack could not get any more insane/unfair in the ways it treats the pros, here it comes, a new low...blind bidding!!! So, Promote is pretty much a bust because it raked us over the coals getting unending charges for unwanted leads.

At least with Promote off, I could decide when I saw what a bid would cost me, if it was worth my investment. The geniuses who created this just found a "clever" way to force us to be in a system that is "Promote Light." No way would I bid if I do not know what the bid will cost me. At one time when Promote came out, I did do it. Inside of two weeks, I was in for over $1,000!!! This is exactly what will happen bidding blind.

I have to wonder if the team at Thumbtack would let someone put a hand in thier pockets any time they chose to? Oh, for example, let's say you all go shopping at a store where no prices are displayed. You shop and find out what your items will cost at the register. Once you go to the register, YOU MUST PAY. Go ahead and be honest, Thumbtack team, who of you would do that??? Well, that is what you are doing to us. SHAME ON YOU FOR CHEATING ESPECIALLY THE LOYAL TOP PROS AND MAKING IT HARDER FOR THE CLIENTS TO FIND GREAT PROS!!! 

Highlighted

Re: New Pricing Structure

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@Marylyn We want you to be in control of how much you spend, that's why we have the option for you to set your budget. When you set your budget, you tell us how much you want to spend on leads for that week. You'll also see that we will tell you a range of how many contacts you should be able to expect to get out of that budget. 

When you promote your business you set preferences to get in front of more of the right customers for the jobs that you'll always want. When you were promoting, were you getting jobs that were outside of your preferences? We want to make sure you're only getting charged for customers that match your preferences, so if that's not the case, we definitely want to see what's going on. Let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: New Pricing Structure

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Why not be 100% transparent. That is not even close to how the Thumbtack system is set up for the pros to pay far more than we should or can. You know as well as I do that even though I set a budget, the criteria for sending me leads is not based on what it should be based on, ie: the parameters I set for my price per job. And, that price per job should be based solely on my number of guests, type of event/service style, and location. We all know where our profit margins rest. YOU DO NOT!!! For Caterers, these criteria are crucial. I am certain that for many others, their criteria is just as crucial. Promote nearly broke me by not following my criteria. Blind bidding would do the very same, budget notwithstanding.  

Now, let's talk turkey. I spent literally hours on the phone with many levels of staff and management till I got the answer I needed to why I was getting jobs that did not match any or few of the criteria I set in my profile. When I found out what was being used to send me these leads, I was stunned and angry. There is one small section in the profile that asks us what kind of food we work with: standard or premium. Because I had both checked, anyone who wanted a caterer in my geographic area that check either of those boxes, I got that lead. Literally everything else could not match, but I got it anyway. When I said that category was not the way to determine if a lead worked for me, I got the normal crap answer...We'll bring this to the attention of the team.Meanwhile, I was being charged outrageous amounts of money. Here is why that category stinks for sending leads to caterers:

1. People do not know what premium means. I did my own survey and asked everyone I spoke with from the Thumbtack leads. The answer was usually, organic food or I am not sure what it means as opposed to standard. It is a term that means many different things to many people. It is subjective and therefore cannot be fair to use as a criteria for sending me leads and spending my money!

2. People will check premium because who would not want premium? Just sounds better than standard.

3. People check premium and their budget is way too low for me. Still I paid for the lead... often $75!!!

4. So, the only option left to me was to delete the premium or standard categories. Well, Thumbtack, when I did that, I got an immediate message telling me how many leads I would lose by doing that... Cannot win!!!

So, here is the only way to sends me bids that is NOT SUBJECTIVE OR UNCLEAR IN ANY WAY. Send leads that are only in my designated price range and fit the other criteria you require me to complete in my profile. Of course, when using the two categories, what happens for Thumbtack??? Thumbtack makes a ton more because we are charged for far more leads than we would if leads sent to the pro were based on the criteria we pre-determined. We, not Thumbtack, know what we do and do not want!  

I am sure that for every category of pro there is some kind of hidden hook just like the one it took me forever to understand. Talk about being non-transparent, Thumbtack. By the way, no point in denying this is how Promote is set up. I have an e-mail that confirms everything I am saying. 

So, if you want us to bid blind or participate in Promote, put the control for choosing or declining a lead back where it belongs...with the PROS. I will gladly pay for leads that I know have a reasonable probability of success. After more than 3 years as a top pro with excellent credentials, I use Thumbtack less and less. Just cannot afford the cost of leads and do not like the "hidden" pitfalls in the system!!!