Highlighted

Re: How many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Community Veteran
Best Answer

A standing ovation from me @lisasshields! Outstanding post! Can you hear & feel the frustration Thumbtack? CAN YOU?!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Re: Hiw many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi @lisasshields and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with Thumbtack and some of the recent changes. Since we've moved to search results, we are seeing an overall healthier marketplace for both customers and professionals. We wouldn't be keeping it around if it wasn't working, that wouldn't make sense for us as a business. With that, we don't have any plans to go back to the way things used to be for the fact that it wasn't sustainable. There has been a significant increase in customer and pro interactions since we've updated the Thumbtack experience, which is what we want. We want customers to come to Thumbtack to get their project done and we want pros to grow their business.

With all of that being said, we understand that there are a lot of frustrations and concerns. One of the main concerns we hear from pros is the quality of the leads their receiving, and that's something we are indeed working on. Improvements aren't going to be made overnight, but I can assure you that we are working on things. 

I'll look into those charges and see if they fall within our refund policy. If they do, I'll get you taken care of! Keep an eye out for a private message from me by the end of the day. 

0 Likes

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I think we are supposed to be refunded if a customer cancels the project within a certain time, yes?

Recently, I was Promoted to a Customer, and of course automatically charged. When I went in to that lead listing, it was gone...I think Expired or something.

My charge is still there.

How do I get a refund on that?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@MLCC you can either go through our new refund process through your Payments page and "Help with a charge"  to see if it qualifies for a refund, OR feel free to send me a direct message including the customer's name and I'd be happy to take a look.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Irrelevant. On my screen it still says that if they don't respond or the first response is "no thanks" that's a refund. Where's my refund?????

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Yes, I've had to scour my records to make sure I don't get charged for quotes I'm not supposed to. It's time consuming! I find mistakes and have to get on the phone with Thumbtack to correct it.

And yes, it's not a refund, it's a Thumbtack credit. That's not good! If money is taken from us in error, how is it ok to then just give us credit and not actual money back. No stores do that. 

Highlighted

Requested quote feed

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Someone conacted me for a quote, yet I still have to pay nearly $4 to send a reply. If a customer requests a quote from us, there should not be a charge!!
Highlighted

[Blank Title]

Community Regular
Best Answer

Has anyone else noticed that the cost of actually securing a customer through Thumbtack has nearly tripled in the past 12 months?

While the cost per lead increased incrementally; the "new features" like "instant match", preformatted questions for customers, and each customer being inundated with up to 20 quotes for one request sure has made the likelihood of securing a new client decrease for me.

It appears to me that we are paying three times as much money with zero exclusivity. 5 years ago, Thumbtack only allowed 4 people to respond before making the potential customer unavailable for quoting.... that was a much better system. Does anyone else agree or disagree?

I have found that I am now spending enough with Thumbtack to afford high dollar ad campaigns!

Highlighted

Money went to the drain

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

It is my first time using Thumbtack pro, I set up my budget  $35 for 1 to 4 leads. The first person contacted me,  Thumbtack charged me $28.40, it will be best if we knew how much we are getting charged in advance, if we get 4 leads for $35 like it is on the budget, it wouldn't be too bad, hopefully, we' ll get one job. I am so disappointed.  

Highlighted

Re: Money went to the drain

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I thought of this restaurant illustration regarding not telling your Pros what the cost of quotes are but simply setting a budget and we "get what we get."

I go to a restaurant for dinner and in my mind plan to spend $100. The menu has NO prices on it. I let the waiter know I have a $100 budget.

I start with bread. Then I get a salad. Then I ask for an entree. The waiter says, "Oh I'm sorry, you've reached your budget for dinner, ma'am." What?! But I've only had bread and salad?

The waiter says, "Yes, ma'am, but the bread and salad total $50 each"

If I had known that, I would've waited for the entree. Now I'm going home hungry and have to fix myself something else to eat. 

So, I've marketed with Thumbtack at crazy high prices and have to now market additionally with other options and leave with nothing from Thumbtack.  Another way to look at it…I have to go to a different “restaurant.” 😞

The analogy is simple. 

If I quote on a customer and have NO IDEA the cost of the quote, I have ZERO control over the number of customers I can engage and get stopped in my tracks suddenly. 

I've never heard of another company charging in this way.