Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Sav
Level 6

Deck Pricing For Home Improvements

Thumbtack, I love you guys. However, your standard 75$ fee to respond to a deck inquiry is absurd. I understand a deck or exterior structure can be of a substantial profit to the company, but 75$ is a disgusting price. Half of the time, the clients do not respond after I reply to their inquiry- and I get billed the 75$ anyway. 

Occupations (1)
States
6 responses
Highlighted
VelvetO
Level 6

Re: Deck Pricing For Home Improvements

@Sav is business still booming for you despite the ghosting of some leads?

Velvet Oasis Events
0 Kudos
Sav
Level 6

I will say that some leads I recieve that "want my availabilty" or "need an estimate" do not respond when I initiate conversation. However, I am still extremely busy. 

Moderator Kameron

@Sav I can certainly see where you're coming from with this. I'd like to share your feedback on these prices to the right teams. Do you feel that the usual $75 that you've been seeing is too much even if you were to land the job? Or more, that you feel the intent of most of those customers may not be enough to justify the charge? Depending on your answer to those questions, how much do you feel would be fair?

0 Kudos
Sav
Level 6

Kameron, 

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I certainly feel that 75$ is far too much, even if the job were to land. When a pro like me spends hundreds of dollars a month on leads, more than half the leads that I respond to (they select to speak with me, not vice versa) do not respond back- and once I click "accept lead" I am billed immediately. You can check my messages at the amount of leads I have accepted, and the amount that didnt respond. I belive a totally fair option for this price is: if a client reaches out to a pro for an inquiry, and the pro accepts the lead, but the lead does not respond once conversation is initiated via thumbtack messaging- the price paid should not be debited, it should become a thumbtack credit per se- not a refund, but able to use on another lead. 

Sav
Level 6

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Sav thanks for expanding on your thoughts about pricing and when we charge. As mentioned I'll be sharing your feedback with our teams to review.