results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Luiz
Level 5

Declined "Leads" charged

Since yesterday I've been charged for "leads" that I've declined.

This is an absorb!!!! Almost $200 charged in my bank account for "leads" that not even fit into my schedule and that I declined right away!! If I hadn't seen my payment history, at the end of the day it would be a catastrophe in my bank account.

We do not know how much cost to answer a request anymore, every pro is being charged for the same request, Thumbtack allows third party to send quotes.

Also it says the lead is just for you, and when you look at the bottom at the request there's an information that 4 pros were contacted.

Imagine if the "lead" costs $49. It means thumbatck is getting almost $200 for a customer which is just exploring and playing with companies.

I want refund for all the quotes I declined!!! There's no sense in charging me for lead that I rejected!!!! What kind of company is this?????

States
23 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Declined "Leads" charged

@Luiz 
When pros are using Promote and contacted the charge will be immediate. The option to decline the contact will be there for you even though its something you've already paid for in order for you to let us know why the contact wasn't a great fit for you and you'll be directed to adjusting your preferences in order to prevent further leads that don't quite match. I'm sorry to hear that this was not made more known upfront, however, we did our best to make this clear when Search Results and Promote came out by sending emails and having pop ups in the app to explain. I found that you were working with our chat team on this and that they provided you with the needed information in regards to a refund, however, if you have additional questions about this feel free to reach out to me in a direct message with any additional details.

0 Kudos

@Kameron

this is the problem with Promote, the preferences are not specific enough for each pro, nor can they be made to be. Each Pro has a varied profession, for me as an electrician, 'wiring installation' can include anything from a catv outlet to a Tesla charger, my quote would vary accordingly AND more importantly, whether I had time to do the job, or even wanted to do it.   I'm not driving 45 minutes to make $125 and give TT $20 of it. 

The preferences are not the problem, promote is the problem.

Classic example of the lack of preferences:

Job type: Switch and Outlet Installation

Work needed: Install switch or outlet

Number of switches or outlets: 1

Existing wiring in location? No, there is no existing wiring

Location of switches and outlets: Garage

Location of circuit breaker panel or fuse box: Basement

Materials Provided: I would like to discuss with the professional

Property type: House

Zip code: 01923

Phone number: Not available

There is absolutely no description of a scope of work whatsoever!!  This could be anything from a complete house remodel to replacing one faulty switch !!    There is no way I would be on Promote and get charged $10 for this project, it's inconceivable!!

DJStevie
Level 11

@AutumnElectric

I totally agree with you!!

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Received the first of a "leads" I was charged for that is NOT in my travel preferences. I hope I'm not being charged for jobs in places to pet sit like Rockford, IL and Hartford, WI. I'm in the Chicgao NW suburbs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

@catmaven are these showing up in your Jobs tab? If so then you'll not be charged unless you express interest and the customer responds. If they are showing up as new leads in your Inbox then they may be ones you were charged for and we'll need to revisit your travel preferences. To be sure of what you're being charged for be sure to check the receipts in your Payments page here: https://www.thumbtack.com/profile/payments/

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

No, Kameron, this was for a new lead, or one someone else declined, that was out of my territory. Checked my preferences and the mileage distnace preferred is intact. As I mentioned, I hope I'm not being charged for pet sits or dog walks in Rockford, IL, and Hartford, WI, among others, as I'm in the Chicago NW suburbs.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@catmaven let's take a closer look, I'll just need you to send me a direct message including the customer's name on the lead in question.

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Sorry, I deleted it. If TT can look into what was sent me yesterday, the customer lives in Chicago, IL 60657, and that is one ZIP I do not travel to for pet sits. It would take longer to get there than the actual pet sit (that's the service wanted). I'm quite sure that I do not Chicago listed as a suburb for dog walking, as my travel radius is only six miles around my house and Chicago is at least 9.5 miles.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@catmaven I'll be taking a closer look and sending you a direct message with what I find or any questions I may have to help clarify further. Keep an eye out for a red notification on the envelope symbol on your screen. 

0 Kudos