results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
catmaven
Level 6

Re: Declined "Leads" charged

Ok. The next one I see out-of-area, I will save the name and date, first before griping.

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

@catmaven I am a pet sitter, too. This is why I DON'T use promote. I have my radius set to 5 miles, but because thumbtack makes me choose a specific city, I get leads 30 miles away. I only respond if it is in a certain zip code. It would be easier for you if you turned it off and then you can pick and choose without being charged.

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Hi, Cranichik--maybe we could network. Cats are my specialty. My ps territory is set to 10 miles--several densely populated suburbs around--and my dog walks to 6 miles. Did you mean turn off "Promote", "Instant Match," or both? I also noticed that the way things are set up right now, all the work I spent making out templates for various conditions for applicants are no longer available! Would the credit prices be lower without those features?

0 Kudos
JFred
Level 4

Thas's the reson I don't use "Promote" or "Instant match".

Luiz
Level 5

Totally agree!!

Thumbtack thinks they are the only source of leads in the world and they are updating their system, spend energy in something that nobody's going to use, and to hold all of this together, they create tricks ways to charge us for crap leads and scams.

Customers can receive more than 6 quotes for each project, and these 6 pros are charged even though the customer not even reply once. Customers can change their project and the pros won't be refunded automatically.

E.g. We received a moving project and I replied because we were available that day, and then the customer answered the message asking for another date, which we wouldn't be available. Bummm $49.00 for thumbtack where we thought would be a good lead. I have many and many examples like this one. It's totally unfair!!!  

I've been on Thumbtack since 2015 and I haven't been so dissapointed with this company since then.

Moderator Meckell

@Luiz if the details of a customers request changes significantly, we definitely want to look into it and get you taken care of! When this happens, feel free to contact us or send me a private message with the name of the customer and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
Luiz
Level 5

I'm preparing a big list.

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Kameron, you wanted to know if another popped up--a Kelly J. from Chicago 60607. I do NOT service that ZIP code, and it doesn't help that the reason I declined was "too far". If the software team  was paying attention to my answers, I wouldn't keep getting these "leads" out of my territory. My travel preferences are already set, so why am I getting these that obviously aren't a good match?

Moderator Kameron

@catmaven I'm seeing that the job is located in Chicago which is one of the areas currently listed in your service area. If you do not offer your service in Chicago I recommend revisiting your travel area for pet sitting HERE. You can even click on the arrow next to Chicago in the settings to refine and choose from Central, Near South, North, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest.

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Dear Kameron,

Thanx for the info--waste of funds on my part. I did not know I could choose between various sections of the city, and have just done so. Didn't have any problem with all-Chicago listing over the past several years. I'm still not thrilled with jobs from Rockford, IL, and Hartford, WI, that TT insists I pay for. The latest one was from IN.

I just answered a request with the old setup--template to tweak and limited number of characters allowed in reply. Have been thinking I would like to go back to this system, bypassing instant match and promote features.

0 Kudos