Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
RW21MC
Level 5

Re: Declined "Leads" charged

Right there with you, I declined 3 jobs recently using promoted, thumbtack sent out the quotes. Reasons I declined? The first job was listed to be done 3 months in the future, 2nd and 3rd declines were because I will not subcontract from other pros, I'm 59 years old, been doing this for a good while. Longer then most and for many years at a high volume. I knew right away I wouldn't accept the lower pay rate with them as the middleman, they were simply Brokers on thumbtack who sub out all their work to real pros - no thanks!! I made Thumbtack aware of the situations they stated the charges were valid-sorry but again we're lacking ethics here
tshon
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

I agree that things have slowed to a crawl for me, and I was much more successful as a Commercial Photographer in the past 3 years with TT. My question is, why am I charged for a “job” now, when in the past I would have declined it? 3 times in the last 2 weeks I have been “matched “ incorrectly. We should have ability to not respond and not be charged. Why, overall, did you see a need to make these huge changes? I still love TT, but Bark is gaining... slightly. Good luck all!
gwells77
Level 4

I don't want to email back inqueries just to say no, and then be charged for it

Hi,

I have been contacted by clients asking if I am available to paint a commissioned painting. That is great, but I don't want to email them back to tell them I can't right now due to ongoing projects. So it looks like I am just ghosting them and don't want to reply. But I do. But I don't want to be charged $20 to tell them I can't do it. If I don't reply that makes me look bad as well as Thumbtack. It looks like the people like me are just flaking on them and don't want to reply. Is there something that can be done about this? Maybe an option stating that I can't take on this project, or anything that wouldn't cost me money to say I can't do it?

I'm very disappointed at how Thumbtack has progressed into these unfair fee models you have. It really isn't fair to the people who are the core of your business. We do the work. I'm happy to pay for leads, but the current structure is just set up to get money from us unfairly.

Moderator Meckell

Re: I don't want to email back inqueries just to say no, and then be charged for it

This is a valid concern @gwells77, I'm glad you brought this up. If you're not accepting new jobs for a while due to an ongoing project, I'd recommend blocking off your calendar so that customers don't reach out to you. I do want to emphasize that if you decline a job, we kindly let the customer know that you aren't available and suggest other pros that fit their project. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos